With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Can you make the 27th date, as well as the posted time?

YEEHAWWW! (YES)
71%
No Way, Gringo! (NO)
7%
Maybe, Maybe Not (Uncertain)
21%

Total votes : 14

Film A Movie In A Day Project - Part 3 (RSVP! 1-Week Delay!)

Postby EvilFutsin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:29 am

Hey, guys! Okay, so here's the new details on what's going on:

#1. The Day for the shoot is FEBRUARY 27th, 2010!!! - NOT the 20th!!

Yup, there is a ONE WEEK DELAY guys, just a quick heads-up to you all!

The reason for this is I got a Movie Marketing Workshop/all-day thing going on, so it's for a good cause. Helps me figure out more about makin' movies, which you want me to do so you get to see better SG movies in the future!

#2. The Time for the shoot is PROBABLY 9AM PST, 12PM EST, 5PM GMT (I'm not good with time zones today, so that may be subject to change)

It's going to be a long one-day shoot. We're talking 3-6 hours. Not everyone has to commit to the entire shoot, but please try to show up for at least 2 hours, since some of the big shot setups may take about 10-12 mins to get all the choreography set up with everybody.

#3. Yes, indeed, WE WILL USE 1.1b4!!

The recommendation from everybody I've talked to on the team is using 1.1b4 - the primary reason for this, from what I understand, is there's a stuttering bug on dm_train that far as I know is fixed in the beta. This will be important! So make sure your game is updated.

#4. VOICE CAPABILITY IS REQUIRED

We will be using Team Speak for the interaction amongst the crew/cast/director(s). The reason for this is typing out machinima director instructions is really, really tough. I have to explain "here, no wait here," etc. etc. on and on, to get people into place and yikes, that takes time if you're typing. And if there's assistant director stuff going on (which if we have more than 8 people, there will be), we'll have to separate people into teams/groups that are led by someone else so they give you instructions to work together on the choreography setup. We'll be talking in English, just so you know! I use big words and talk fast, so also bear that in mind. ;P

We'll be using "THE" Team Speak server. Just FYI.

#5. Please Let Us Know!!!

We have to know if you can make it. So you can reach me by email - futsin~at~gmail.com or use the PMs here on the forum. You need to get in email contact if direct updates person-to-person need to be made. If you RSVP and have to drop out later on, please keep us informed on that situation. It helps. ^_^

Make sure you either reply, PM me, or email me, to let me know if you're coming even if you vote above - just good to make lists of who to expect. :) Your playername will be required!

Anyway, that should be it. I'm gonna finish the choreography this week, finish the planning, etc. and we'll be ready for the 27th! Look forward to this, guys, it's gonna be a little hectic if there's more than 8 or 9 people, but MAN is it gonna be worth it!
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:02 am

I plan on being there. BTW Futsin, there is VIOP in the beta, but I still recommend using TS as the quality and channel control is much better.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:00 am

hey so I'm thinking of trying to make it. What server do you think we will be shooting on? since that might play a part in if I'll be any use at all :P
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby BlackMagicSS » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:43 am

Im going to try to make it.
I use Billy The Kid as my online name. Is that ok?
BlackMagicSS
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:00 am

Sucalakafufu wrote:hey so I'm thinking of trying to make it. What server do you think we will be shooting on? since that might play a part in if I'll be any use at all :P

I think Futsin has everything planned out. Everything will be staged, so if you cannot shoot very well, then you get to be the guy who gets shot.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:24 am

Pardner wrote:
Sucalakafufu wrote:hey so I'm thinking of trying to make it. What server do you think we will be shooting on? since that might play a part in if I'll be any use at all :P

I think Futsin has everything planned out. Everything will be staged, so if you cannot shoot very well, then you get to be the guy who gets shot.

lol ok. well depending on my schedule i might be able to help out. how much in advance does Futsin need to know? since i might not know for sure until next week or so
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:39 am

I will be able to make it. :P

my Ingame name is/will be -]DES[-Player_3

Can't wait to do this guys :D
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby EvilFutsin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:52 am

Don't worry too much about skills 'n' lag, guys. Some people will lag, some won't, and the choreography will be planned to take advantage of everyone's best abilities. :) Sometimes that's staying still and getting shot (like me! :lol: ), but the experience is fun getting to watch and being able to say, 'hey that's my digital avatar of a western hero gettin' killed!'

And I'll be taking updates on availability until 12 hours (9PM Pacific) before go-time. After that, just make sure you appear in the IRC room before the shoot since we'll correlate a bit there.

4 people can show? YAY! :D
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Juaro Juarez » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:46 pm

I can be there also :D
Well, but maybe its a problem because sometimes my internet goes down and come back after 2 sec- 10 minutes.
So yeah i'll be able to come but maybe you will have to wait sometimes on me :D
-nox-Juaro-

Admin on Jeuxlinux.
Juaro Juarez
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby SmokeyBacon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:09 pm

I'll be there! PM'ed you.
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby EvilFutsin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Looks like we got somewhere around 7 or 8 so far! Gotta make up the list of who should be showing up. Great stuff, guys, thanks a million!

The train take-over is pretty much planned out. Now for the hero owning the bad guys and the final showdown parts to get finalized. Conceptually anyway, we'll probably find out tons of things won't work. Ahh, moviemaking. :D

We may end up shooting two endings, by the way. Those who show up on set will find out why.
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:34 pm

After what you just said EvilFutsin, I'm sure you don't want to spill the beans.

but are there any stunts we should be practicing so we don't have to do to many takes with one shot?

I was trying to jump from roof to roof and it was a lot harder than I thought :lol:
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby EvilFutsin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Definitely practice the following:

#1. Roof To Roof
#2. Jumping back on the train (the log-carrying flatbed specifically)
#3. Accuracy while jumping from the bank car roof onto the other cars.
#4. Filling rooms with lead. :D
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:48 pm

EvilFutsin wrote:Definitely practice the following:

#1. Roof To Roof
#2. Jumping back on the train (the log-carrying flatbed specifically)
#3. Accuracy while jumping from the bank car roof onto the other cars.
#4. Filling rooms with lead. :D
#5. Getting filled with lead and fighting the urge to shoot back

fixed :D
Pardner
SG Team

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:15 am

EvilFutsin wrote:#3. Accuracy while jumping from the bank car roof onto the other cars.

:?

methinks the accuracy and damage may need to be turned up to full...

oh man Pardner, #5's going to be a hard one :wink:
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Next

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel