With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

NOOB questions

Postby Mart Duggan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:20 am

I just started playing this game. So far I really like it but there are a couple of things I have concerns about.

I have hit someone as many as 6 times without killing them(including 2 or 3 head shots) and they don't die. Then they killed me with 1 shot. Why?

I don't understand my "handicap". Does that help me or hurt me?

Occasionally near certain areas my game lags badly, usually near a music source or fire or something. Is there anything I can do to reduce lag?

Thanks to whoever is responsible for making this game available.
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Re: NOOB questions

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:12 am

Mart Duggan wrote:I don't understand my "handicap". Does that help me or hurt me?

Under settings/player you want your handicap set to NONE. Anything other than none will produce results like you describe. There are a variety of settings under graphics & audio that you can play with to help improve game performance. Try adjusting these & test in singleplayer mode to see if a real difference is felt. Not a whole lot you can do about internet lag though. Welcome to the forum & glad you enjoy SG.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Twig » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:07 pm

Weapon damages also differ and it's not uncommon to take 4 or 5 hits to kill somebody with the remington pistol but since you had a few headshots in there it is definitely your handicap. But like Red said setting handicap to none will solve the problems you described.

Even with handicap set to none you might just get unlucky with hits so it happens. Sometimes i get maybe 4 arm hits which leads to me cursing the fact that i didn't have quite enough money for a peacemaker. :)
See you in-game.
SG name: mS//Twig
Twig
Pistolero

Postby Juaro Juarez » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Yeah i also would recommend you setting Handicap tu NONE! :D
Also that weapon damage stuff twig noticed is a big point, cause most of the guys in game got peacemakers, so if you just got a Remmington pistol it's no great wonder they killed you before you killed them.
So setting Handicap to None is the best you can do in your thing.
lag.. well is lag. Don't know what to do about this :D
-nox-Juaro-

Admin on Jeuxlinux.
Juaro Juarez
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Mart Duggan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Thanks for the answers, I changed the handicap it really helps. I am also learning about the different weapons and how to use them. I think this game is great fun.
:D
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby Juaro Juarez » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Good to hear! :D
BTW is your ingame name also like your forum name here? :D
-nox-Juaro-

Admin on Jeuxlinux.
Juaro Juarez
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Mart Duggan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:31 am

No I use "Hoss" in the game.

One other question, sometimes I start in a locked room, once I was even in jail. How do you open doors?
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby Twig » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:20 am

The default setting is F. For example on prison doors you have to move the cursor closer to the lock of the door. The cursor then turns yellow which is when you can press F and open it. On normal doors however just having the cursor somewhere on the door is pretty much enough. You can also change the settings and keys to your liking so anything that works for you.

Knowing how to open doors will definitely step up your gameplay quite a bit :)
SG name: mS//Twig
Twig
Pistolero

Postby Juaro Juarez » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:54 pm

So you are Hoss? :D I guess i've already seen you few times on the servers :D
Glad to see you found the way to the forum and maybe check out the betas :D (Advertising's best! :D )
-nox-Juaro-

Admin on Jeuxlinux.
Juaro Juarez
Jeuxlinux Admin

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel