With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

New Gamemode: Bounty

Postby Harlock » Mon May 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi all,
I have been having a great time playing SG lately. I have followed the game since it was Western Quake, and for me it's still the best Western Game out there (didn't try out Rockstar's newest jewel though). I was thinking about gamemodes yesterday after a few beers and some sort of king of the hill came to my mind. I'm not sure whether something like this would be doable with this engine, but I thought I just share it with you:

A bounty game, where the first player to reach let's say 50 $ gets a bounty slapped on its head. It increases over time or whenever the hunted kills another player, so the one who kills him/her must judge whether it's better to kill him right away or to wait until the bounty raises. The one with the most cash at the end of the round wins. Something like that. It could also be possible that the hunted gets a part of the bounty on his head with each kill. Maybe this has been suggested before...

Cheers Trinità

PS: oh yes, please allow characters like "à" in the name, so I can spell my ingame nick properly, thanks ; )
Harlock
Drifter

Postby RailedRobin » Mon May 24, 2010 5:13 pm

This gamemode sounds similar to a gamemode in Call of Juarez 2, which is very fun actually. Would be fun to see this incorporated into this game. More gamemodes overall would be great! But that's up to the coders, and if they feel they've got the time and energy.

Anyway, this sounds like fun!
A bullet may have your name on it, but dynamite is addressed "to whom it may concern."
RailedRobin
Quick Draw

Postby Juaro Juarez » Tue May 25, 2010 12:33 am

I think i already kinda mentioned that in one of my posts for the Money stuff.. but anyways, i never thought of a whole gamemode like this, i guess it would be a nice feature added in DM or BR, but a whole gametype?
I don't know ;)
Ah yeah and to that characters ´`^, i think they dusturb sth in the confiq ( some guy that knows that better than me will ask you soon, i guess. ;) )
-nox-Juaro-

Admin on Jeuxlinux.
Juaro Juarez
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Mart Duggan » Tue May 25, 2010 3:39 pm

Sounds like a game of "it". One against all. I see 2 possible versions, one the player would be the "Outlaw vs. Posse", another could be "Sheriff vs. Outlaws". The lone player would need extra weapons or health and some kind of goal, like money for the Outlaw, kills for the Sheriff. Players switching sides, or being recruited or bribed, might be fun too. :D
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby Harlock » Tue May 25, 2010 5:02 pm

Exactly, kind of "it". I think this could be mad fun and I also think the western setting lends itself brilliantly for stuff like that.
Harlock
Drifter

Postby Mart Duggan » Tue May 25, 2010 10:54 pm

One way would be for whoever is "it" would get a life for each player. One against 5, he gets 5 lives, the opponents get only one. I vote yes! :D :D
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby LuckyGenDago » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:33 pm

willi and me got a great idea, too!

but we don't share it with you yet
LuckyGenDago
Gunslinger

Postby MegaByte » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:06 am

It definatly is a great idea I will start working on it myself if no one else would like too :P
MegaByte
Drifter

Postby hellraiser » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:58 pm

I like that bounty idea! :D
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel