With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

What does Smokin Guns needs the most at the moment?

New Deathmatch maps
No votes
New Bank robbery maps
28%
New player skins
11%
New usable guns
25%
Other
36%
Nothing
No votes

Total votes : 36

Postby Biondo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Scalping has ancient origins (also in Europe), but probably it was used massively for the first time by British colonials in North America.

Apart from this, I have to say that I love SG for its peculiarities ... I wouldn't like to see it become as all other thousands FPS around (fast paced, health pick-ups, CTF, and so on). Sorry, no.

You are new to this game, and -- I see -- full of enthusiasm ... but keep the time to play and to absorb the spirit of SG ;)
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby hellraiser » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:01 am

Biondo wrote:Scalping has ancient origins (also in Europe), but You are new to this game, and -- I see -- full of enthusiasm ... but keep the time to play and to absorb the spirit of SG ;)

ok thanks...but wouldn't it be nice to have a fer more game modes (maybe 2), maybe the game will get dull, don't the community think? :|
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby Grelouk » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:55 pm

There just isn't enough people for more game modes.
And I think you may want to play the game for more than 1 week before you keep giving your ideas.
Grelouk
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby MsH » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:57 pm

Improved callvote map and kick systems..

E.g. someone called vote map durango, we have 10 players, 3 votes yes and 2 votes no, then those 3 who voted yes go fast to spec and vote passes. So all players have "2" votes..

When kicking players, they only change his name, and vote fails even it passes..

Btw, which is command to see players client numbers.. ? We can kick players successful via /callvote clientkick X
MsH
Gunslinger

!!!

Postby Bart202 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:34 pm

I agree totally with MsH. Isn't so cool, especially with guys which have binds.

An other cool thing will be if you can shoot on things or walk over anything in the maps and then it move, and you can't walk over a bottle or etc.
Think about it ;)
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Re: !!!

Postby Pardner » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:41 pm

MsH wrote:Improved callvote map and kick systems..

Have you tried the 1.1b4 out yet? I think some work has been done on the vote system. Also, players are not allowed to change their name for 5 or 10 seconds. This prevents the changing name to avoid kicks, as well as the change the name to tell where other players are in the map (BR mode)

MsH wrote:Btw, which is command to see players client numbers.. ? We can kick players successful via /callvote clientkick X

/serverstatus

Bart202 wrote:An other cool thing will be if you can shoot on things or walk over anything in the maps and then it move, and you can't walk over a bottle or etc.

This would require the creation of a physics engine. Simply put, it would be easier to change game engines completely (Source, Havok, etc). It would be cool, but I don't think the current team has the man-power nor the interest to convert SG to a more modern engine. Tequila converted the game to the IoQ3 engine, so at least we continually have engine updates!
Pardner
SG Team

Postby MsH » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Pardner wrote:Have you tried the 1.1b4 out yet? I think some work has been done on the vote system. Also, players are not allowed to change their name for 5 or 10 seconds. This prevents the changing name to avoid kicks, as well as the change the name to tell where other players are in the map (BR mode)

No, but I think it doesnt matter because I play in Jeuxlinux and it uses 1.0 version.
Nice that it is fixed.
MsH
Gunslinger

Postby Bodie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:48 pm

We will switch to 1.1 immediately after release. Can't put a beta there.
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Pardner » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:00 pm

MsH wrote:No, but I think it doesnt matter because I play in Jeuxlinux and it uses 1.0 version.
Nice that it is fixed.

Well, install the beta and play on Terra Nova every once in a while! More maps, bug fixes, etc.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby MsH » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Pardner wrote:Well, install the beta and play on Terra Nova every once in a while! More maps, bug fixes, etc.

But there is only bots :/ Sometimes one or two players..
MsH
Gunslinger

Postby Biondo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:10 pm

What does SG needs the most right now?

In Deathmatch, make Dynamite expensive as Sawed-Off Shotgun.
Dynamite ruins the good games.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby MsH » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:26 am

I agree.. there is some other problems with weapons too..
MsH
Gunslinger

Previous

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel