With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

What does Smokin Guns needs the most at the moment?

New Deathmatch maps
No votes
New Bank robbery maps
28%
New player skins
11%
New usable guns
25%
Other
36%
Nothing
No votes

Total votes : 36

Postby Lon' » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:20 pm

well, i was on youtube and i saw an old video of western quake 3 game by red neckercson in 2001.
and about 2:50 min opf the video i realy like the idea of using scope in winchester 1866, shooting with scope without the need to reload, like in sharps. Since the other rifles (1866 and lighting) are not used at all by the players, I would sugest us to make them able to attach the scope, and shoot all the bullets like we can see on the youtube video around 3:00 min. The scope is very expensive, and we can only use it on sharps, making it a underestimated weapon. If the colt lighting is too strong, we could use the scope at least on the winchester 1866, that would improve the game in my oppinion. What do you guys think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1QxIxiTBrQ
Lon'
Gunslinger

Postby !NuB!Donut » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:16 pm

and about 2:50 min opf the video i realy like the idea of using scope in winchester 1866, shooting with scope without the need to reload, like in sharps. Since the other rifles (1866 and lighting) are not used at all by the players, I would sugest us to make them able to attach the scope, and shoot all the bullets like we can see on the youtube video around 3:00 min. The scope is very expensive, and we can only use it on sharps, making it a underestimated weapon. If the colt lighting is too strong, we could use the scope at least on the winchester 1866, that would improve the game in my oppinion. What do you guys think?

I think you are right almost nobody uses this wonderful rifles.

And by the way what happen to the maps? All of them looked very nice.
Last edited by !NuB!Donut on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby Biondo » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:30 pm

We need an anti-cheat system.
Apart from that, this is my 2-Cent Tip about "What does SG needs the most right now?": give mappers a private forum, where they can exchange ideas, textures and everything needed, experience before they front the public scene. A place where they can lol together.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:57 am

!NuB!Donut wrote:And by the way what happen to the maps? All of them looked very nice.

The WQ3 team decided not to include them in their 2.0 release for very good reasons. But at least 3 of those old levels... Lake, Train & Town... inspired remakes. Maybe more will come someday.
Biondo wrote:give mappers a private forum, where they can exchange ideas, textures and everything needed

Then what is our Level Editor's forum for??
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Mart Duggan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:52 am

Since the other rifles (1866 and lighting) are not used at all by the players, I would sugest us to make them able to attach the scope, and shoot all the bullets like we can see on the youtube video around 3:00 min. The scope is very expensive, and we can only use it on sharps, making it a underestimated weapon. If the colt lighting is too strong, we could use the scope at least on the winchester 1866, that would improve the game in my oppinion. What do you guys thin

Isn't the new version supposed to reduce the range of pistols? That would make rifles much more desirable. I too have given up using rifles, dual pistols are far more versatile. I would make dynamite harder to get, maybe double the cost, don't think I'd get much support for that idea though.
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:15 pm

Mart Duggan wrote:I would make dynamite harder to get, maybe double the cost, don't think I'd get much support for that idea though.

Yeah that is going to be a tough sell. Both the Dynamite and the Molotov are $10, which means that a person can buy both at spawn. TnT + Molotov can be an effective weapon and can even counter akimbo pistols or shotguns.

What if the rifles had the ability to zoom in just a little (kinda like iron sights)? I know the scope is expensive, but I always looked at it the other way.... the scope is expensive to keep the cost of the actual sharps rifle down. A sharps without the scope is kinda like a really long range shotgun :D

Pardner
SG Team

Postby kaiyouw » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:03 am

Great Idea. Iron sights would be awesome, I love games`without crosshair, iron sights are way more realistic. I support the idea, even just for the rifles. But I suppose it would be kinda hard to do that, Im I right?
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:21 am

Pardner wrote:(kinda like iron sights)

I am not saying it will be iron sights. I was going to just try having a slight zoom as the secondary fire on the rifles and maybe a decreased fire rate.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Bodie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:33 am

It'd be great it different guns slowed player down depending on their weight. There's already code that slows you down when you are hit in the legs in the game, this could be an expansion for it.

This would promote players running with sawed-off, dyna, molotov, knives or single pistols for rapid fire and at the same force rifle, akimbo or heavy shotgun players to remain more stationary and easier targets.

That'd give more chance to rushing active quick players compared to those who prefer to sit down and camp.

Imagine a guy who's running around in circles throwing knives and dynamites is twice faster than 2x colt people sitting in their safe spots sniping at whoever dares to go out.

We could even allow silent running to those who have light equipment (knife, dyna, molotov) to promote more movement in the game.
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Mart Duggan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:59 am

I am not saying it will be iron sights. I was going to just try having a slight zoom as the secondary fire on the rifles and maybe a decreased fire rate

I have no idea whether or not that is possible. Perhaps there could be a cheap, weak scope available for all the rifles. But I don't know that either has any historical basis. Just seems the easiest way to make rifles more effective is to make pistols harder to use. That could have side effects though, on a bad day I might never hit anything! Then I would have to learn how to use that dang dyno!
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby hellraiser » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:09 pm

-More game modes
-Some more maps
-Some more weaps (2 pistols, 1 rifle and a bullwhip?)
-Some equipment items (doctors bag bandolier, would make the game more action and pheraphs less tactcal :) )
-More players

:D
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:42 pm

hellraiser wrote:-Some more maps

There are a lot of additional maps that you can install. The beta version (1.1b4) as some extras as well. Take a look at the Moddb addons page:
http://www.moddb.com/games/smokin-guns/addons
Pardner
SG Team

Postby hellraiser » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:49 pm

o..I forgot..More servers! :evil:
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby Myrmidonas » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:20 pm

we already have too many servers....most of them are empty
Myrmidonas
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby hellraiser » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:31 pm

maybe the most important missed in the poll was: new game modes.

I'd like to see Bounty mode (see already existing thread) and capture the scalp (CTF) while instead of flags we have scalps...as far as I read on the web there was an underrated scalp business...even between white people...someone may confirm?
hellraiser
Quick Draw

PreviousNext

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel