With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Shutdown of Rawhide

Postby Mart Duggan » Sat May 07, 2011 1:44 am

Red Neckerson and I have decided continuing to maintain the server "Rawhide-Both Barrels" is no longer possible. Partly due to attacks by unknown persons and partly for personal reasons there is no justification for keeping it running. Certainly when the participants themselves attempt to end it I cannot see myself funding it any longer. There are many other servers out there for people to play. So unless something happens to change our minds, Rawhide will not resume. The sad thing is, for myself and Red, it is not a great loss at all; but for the SG community and Rawhide players in particular it is unfortunate.
The Hoss - Rawhide part owner
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby Biondo » Sat May 07, 2011 11:24 am

This is really sad!
Thanks to ReD, Mart and all other RH admins for their work. I hope you'll still wish to contribute administering other servers.
Goodbye Rawhide.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby TheDoctor » Sun May 08, 2011 8:25 pm

As a fellow SG admin, I very much regret this development, although I understand the frustration. For the sake of this community, I hope you two remain involved.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby DeUgli » Mon May 09, 2011 2:54 am

Sorry to hear it. Even though I haven't been an active player for some time, I still follow and support SG from afar. I had many, many great hours playing on RAWHIDE, and I'll never forget it.
Irgendeiner wartet immer.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon May 09, 2011 3:19 am

DeUgli wrote:I had many, many great hours playing on RAWHIDE, and I'll never forget it.

Me too. Unfortunately, the time & expense is no longer worth the headaches.
But there are other good SG servers out there. It's not like we can't still enjoy some shootouts together. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Re: Shutdown of Rawhide

Postby Nixito » Thu May 12, 2011 5:37 am

Mart Duggan wrote:Certainly when the participants themselves attempt to end it I cannot see myself funding it any longer.

Sucks to think that one, or a couple idiots could ruin something enjoyed by many. Thanks y'all for keepin' it up as long as ya did; it was an awesome server.
Nixito
Drifter

Postby ChainLightnin' » Fri May 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Indeed Red, you at least deserve to pass that torch, for a JOB WELL DONE! Let em buck!
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue May 17, 2011 1:55 am

We still have several months on our contract with the RAWHIDE server. We will continue to run it until the contract expires, even if only sporadically.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel