With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Cheating: which servers?

Postby xenophon » Sat May 07, 2011 2:09 am

Been playing SG regulary for a week now but I've noticed that some cheating goes on. Apart from some others saying the same thing on the servers, I've come across 2 or 3 that just can't seem to be wounded even if you are firing from pointblank range. Others seem to take a hell of a lot of punishment before they die, more than seems possible. Then there seems to be the odd person that seems to know exactly where you are and their aim is never off.

Are there any particular servers where cheating is impossible? Which servers allow cheating?
xenophon
Drifter

Postby Mart Duggan » Sat May 07, 2011 2:22 am

greengasradio, based in Los Angeles, allows all cheating. A player with the right software is impossible to kill I believe. A boring way to play a game in my opinion.
The Hoss - Rawhide part owner
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby xenophon » Sat May 07, 2011 3:01 am

Thanks.

I'm sure a guy called Picardo Jones cheats now and again. Just been playing and someone said that he was cheating. I was thinking exactly the same because he seemed to know exactly where you were, even if you were hiding and just taking a breather.
xenophon
Drifter

Postby Biondo » Sat May 07, 2011 11:12 am

Yes, greengasradio server allows cheating. No particular software is required, just a basic knowledge of console commands that I don't want to write here (you can try yourself at home if you start a server configured to allow cheating).
Most players don't notice the advice at the beginning of the game, so they don't understand how it is possible that some opponents are invulnerable or get all weapons at once or always know where you hide, as they could see through walls. And even when they understand that someone is cheating, they don't understand that they can do it too, nor they know how to do it.

I think greengasradio has made a wrong choice allowing cheating, a choice that could possibly hurt SG game in its entirety.

Please, if you play in greengasradio, tell exactly to other players the truth about the rules in this server, so every player is informed and can decide if stay there or go elsewhere.

Apart from this, if you want to stay away from "real" cheaters choose a server well administered and controlled by administrators (should I suggest one or two?... :wink: ). But, in my experience, cheating is not so common in SG, and the most part of cheating accusations simply comes from new players to experienced ones that play fair.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel