With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby Pardner » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:49 pm

If you ever get the experience of playing against a skilled player camped with a Gatling gun behind the crate at the defenders spawn on Durango, you will fine that the Gatling gun is way to powerful as it is!

If we made the Gatling gun more powerful, we would have to make it more expensive. As of right now, the Gatling and the scoped Sharps are the same price.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby hellraiser » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:53 pm

ohh it never happened, until now..I tried it in a map named training 1.2 beta or something...

but buying the ammo belt gives extra ammo also for thr gatling :?:

if now I think it deserves some more built-in(?!?!) ammo wen you buy it (but not loads..)
hellraiser
Quick Draw

New Game mode: Dynamite Mode (=Bomb Mode)

Postby hellraiser » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:57 pm

there will be room for a bomb mode alike like it is already on tons of mmofps?

It could be named Dynamite mode, and it' basically a bomb mode where

attackers= plant and make blow a dynamite stash they win if it explodes or kill all opponents
defenders= trying to defuse it they win if they manage or kill all opponents

the only difference would be that bomb is replaced by dynamite :)
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Buying the ammo belt gives you maximum ammo for all weapons at once. So for instance:

You have two pistols and a sawed-off. Then you buy a ammo belt. You will have the maximum ammo for your pistols and your shotgun.... as well as rifles and Gatling.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:00 pm

We do not want to be anything like Counter Strike. If we become too much like CS then we run the risk of being just another CS clone.
Pardner
SG Team

Possibilty to give ammo to your teammates

Postby hellraiser » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:21 pm

Wouldn't it be nice?
It seems that the game by now puts a hug stress on "individualism" :(
while in games like these teamplay is crucial :)

If tht feature will be ever implemented one day, it will be possible by adding to the game a simple commnad (under the tab "misc" in the options) or it will depend by having a certain item, eg.: ammo belt or bandolier?
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Re: Possibilty to give ammo to your teammates

Postby Pardner » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:29 pm

hellraiser wrote:It seems that the game by now puts a hug stress on "individualism"

The deathmatch match definitely is about individualism, but I recomend playing more BR mode on Jeux or RAWHIDE and see some of the clans in action.

At the start of a BR matches, some players share weapons by dropping weapons on the ground so others can pick them up.
Pardner
SG Team

Re: Possibilty to give ammo to your teammates

Postby hellraiser » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Pardner wrote:
hellraiser wrote:It seems that the game by now
At the start of a BR matches, some players share weapons by dropping weapons on the ground so others can pick them up.

ah..ok. But don't you find it's kinda an "individualist" way to share items, so passing them would be more "polite"?
(I don't mind havin x or Y anymore, so I drop it on the ground and whatevere...) :D :evil:
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Server flag in the server browser

Postby hellraiser » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Won't it be sweet , maybe in the nex update, addin a flag near the name of the server that will indicate the country in which server is ? (eg.: USA flag for US and so on...) so you may get some clues on people you're gonna deal with 8) :idea:

or a little hint for server admins: change the colors of the letter to give an idea, but tis would be somewhat confusing, 'coz flags generally share same colors.. :P
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:40 pm

MonsterBrowser does this, I dont know about XQF that Biondo suggested. This would be neat to have in game, but seems like its one of those extras that may or may not be added due to usefulness. After a while you will learn where all the servers are located.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby hellraiser » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:09 pm

I've read the manual and I'm quite unsure about

1) Difference between round teamplay and team deathmatch

2) How works the money system

somebony care to rpovide a detwiled explanation?

hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby hellraiser » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:14 pm

[quote="Pardner"[..]..After a while you will learn where all the servers are located.[/quote]

ah..but personally I don't want to do memory work! Hope that little feature will be added soon, 'coz maybe it won't require lot of complex work :?
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:17 pm

hellraiser wrote:1) Difference between round teamplay and team deathmatch

Round teamplay (RTP) is much like bank robbery mode (BR). The game is divided into rounds and a team wins a round with the other team is dead. Team deathmatch (TDM) all the players continually spawn untill the set frag limit is reached.

hellraiser wrote:2) How works the money system

Kill someone, you get money. How much you get depends on where you are in the scoreboard and where they are in the score board. For example: #1 kills #10 = $3, but #10 kills #1 = $10. There are other ways to get money bonuses: get the moneybag, escape with the moneybag, kill the moneybag carrier, win a round, etc.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Grelouk » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:18 pm

If you need ammo at the beginning of a round, you buy some.
And I don't see how people are gonna share their ammo in public games, it would just be a waste of time to ask your teamates. You either pick up pistols, you play with your secondary weapon or your knife.
About clan wars.. well these are usually 4v4 so you don't need a lot of ammo.
Grelouk
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Pardner » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:24 pm

In BR, this can be a deciding factor in the outcome of a round. How many times have you seen 2 players left in a round, and one runs out of ammo (a lot!). Its up the player to decide if they want to spend the extra money on ammo, or save it for a better weapon.

My suggestion is get used to dropping empty weapons and pick up better/loaded weapons. Don't waste ammo on reloading the Remingtons, drop them and pick up a loaded Schofield or Colt.
Pardner
SG Team

PreviousNext

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel