With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Pardner wrote:MonsterBrowser does this, I dont know about XQF that Biondo suggested.
Yes, XQF (a linux game browser) supports this.

hellraiser wrote:I hope flags will be added soon, 'coz maybe it won't require lot of complex work
Quake3, the engine SG is based on, is a ten years old legacy application written in C, a very development unfriendly language. The amount it would take to add this silly little feature would certainly exceed the little amount of development resources SG currently has.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby hellraiser » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:34 pm

TheDoctor wrote:Quake3, the engine SG is based on, is a ten years old legacy application written in C, a very development unfriendly language. The amount it would take to add this silly little feature would certainly exceed the little amount of development resources SG currently has.

Uh..... 8O
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Problems with Intel G33/G31 Express Chip Family

Postby hellraiser » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:35 pm

Hello

I've got a Desktop PC on which I've installed win xp today I downloaded the 1.0 version of the game and it went fine. Once I installed the 1.1b4 update, running the game with "smokinguns.exe" I got strange video problems, floor turning black, and soon also enviroment so I soon find myself walking in the dark (!!!) building disappearing, leavin only glass windows, and so on... but whe I ran SG using the file "smokinguns_dedicated.mingw32-crosscompiled.exe" everything seemed to be fine.

Is is an issue with the 1.1 beta 4 update? My gc is a Problems with Intel G33/G31 Express Chip Family motherboard (ASUS P5KPL-AM) integrated,
driver version is 6.14.10.4935

I suppose it may so, cause usin the crosscompiled exe I found no problems..

Hope this may be useful for the dev teams and other player.
Somebody can provide explanations? :)
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby hellraiser » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:37 pm

What's the difference between smokinguns.exe and smokinguns.mingw32-crosscompiled.exe, the latter provided with the 1.1 beta 4 update?

EDIT: Sorry I typed wrong filename. Could tell Please :oops:
Last edited by hellraiser on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Smokin Guns Updates added in SG Downloads Index

Postby hellraiser » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:41 pm

..how about to create a new download category, reachable throught the SG Downloads Index link, named Smoking guns updates where user may dowload the futher updates?

First time I was goin mad trying to find where download the 1.1 beta 4 update :evil:
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Current playing map shown in the scoreboard tab

Postby hellraiser » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Wil the SG development team will mad the name of the map currently payng displayed in the scoreboard tab, some sort of what already id for the netgraph?
So I press the TAB key on the keyboard and voilà... :P
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:45 pm

The binary that comes with 1.1b4 has errors, you can get a fixed one here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A1Y0A6S2
Pardner
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:51 pm

Pardner wrote:The reason it says reading from 200+ servers is because we are still using the ID's q3masterserver. This includes all Q3 mods and stand alones (VQ3, E+, WOP, UrT, etc)..

World of Padman does not use the id Masterserver. As far as I'm aware UrT uses its own masterservers as well.
There still might be some old mod versions listed, since apparently some people are into that sort of retro stuff :)

Sorry to hijack this thread, but WHY does Smokin' Guns not use its own masterserver, given that you have capacity to run your own update. and authorize. server?
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:15 pm

/dev/random wrote:Sorry to hijack this thread, but WHY does Smokin' Guns not use its own masterserver, given that you have capacity to run your own update. and authorize. server?

Sure would be a lot nicer than sorting through 2000+ servers to find smokinguns gametypes :!:
Pardner
SG Team

Ability to cling and climp upon walls/crates/roof/ect..

Postby hellraiser » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:39 pm

why don't add? It's very frustrating when I try to use my mokey-gamestyle mode (jump form roof to roof) and fall down straigh ahead a wall... :cry:
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Player identification without crosshairs

Postby hellraiser » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:42 pm

..since I can't stand those damn crosshairs, GGGRRR >:( will be possible ti identificate friend/enemes without having it on.

I really leke playin without crosshair, but by now if I do it, I cannot distinguish friend/enemes..and when the action goes wild it's really a problem! :(
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby hellraiser » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:48 pm

ah.. and that speedloader that turns loaded from time to time under the column "skill" what is that? Indicate your skill? ( emh.... :oops: )
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:46 pm

That would be the handicap. Make sure this is set to none.... anything else and your health and damage will be reduced. Turning the handicap on is used for skilled players trying to give newbies a chance.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:02 am

/dev/random wrote:Sorry to hijack this thread, but WHY does Smokin' Guns not use its own masterserver, given that you have capacity to run your own update. and authorize. server?

If I recall correctly, I think Tequila is running those services on his server at his own expense. I vaguely remember the devs discussing it a long time ago, but maybe SG will have it's own master server at some point. Would be nice for sure.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:11 am

In a team mode match, you can tell who is on your team by the player models. This is even easier if you choose "Force player models" in the settings. Try it & see.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

PreviousNext

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel