With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

What's up? We have to do anything.

Postby Bart202 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Hey! I am here because I am really sad :(
Smokin' Guns, the game I love is becoming a little bit strange, since q3 Server browser is off & jeuxlinux is down nobody is playing this game anymore online .. I think it's a really sad situation, I want to say you devs, do anything, bring anything out like 1.1b4 version.. but if you wait for 6 months again nobody will be there anymore .. For a new guy there is no way to find it .. to find servers ..
I don't want to accouse trouble .. but I say it how it is. We need to have the new version... please do everything you can! This should be a last chance.

Greets, all my hopings!

Bart
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby moRtem » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:59 pm

I fully agree here.

This masterserver-issue needs to be fixed asap. SG-Devs should propose a default masterserver and update the address client-side. Then serveradmins could update their serverconfigs to send heartbeats.
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Joe Kari » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Is JeuxLinux down forever?
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Bart202 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:12 pm

As far as I know they did jeux down because there were bugs or anything like that .. and 1 day before they wanted to have a break ... now the server is nearly down for a week .. and nobody knows when it will be back .. Try everything!
The situation is very honest!
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby a.k47 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Hey guys...

jeux is not down forever, it will be online again this weekend.

@Bart202
I think, we have to make the game more popular...(good idea a.k47 :P )

regards
a.k47
in game: -=LWa.k47=-
admin on:
-Jeuxlinux
-smokin'guns.org BR
-smokin'guns.org Mixed
a.k47
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Barto » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Let me clear some things here.
Smokin' Guns, the game I love is becoming a little bit strange, since q3 Server browser is off & jeuxlinux is down

Yes, the master server which lists all gaming server, thus all from Smokin' Guns, is down. I have no infos about it but we are actually planning to add some more master server into the configuration. I currently just link you to the list of servers a.k47 made here.

Is JeuxLinux down forever?

No it's not, and it won't. We had some problems with the host and we're waiting until the owner (lululaglue) has finished some upgrades and configuration of his dedicated server. The old system was still using Debian Lenny (which got out the 14th february 2009). He already put back php for his website but unfortunately, it didn't work fine. His first priority was actually his website and then the server. I won't give any exact ETA but we are actually estimating that jeux will come back this weekend.
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel