With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Nick bug

Postby smile » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Hello guys.
I dont know how write this becouse its strange. Anyway i will try so i join to server and i start play with -=BB=-Pist0 in team and and sudenly my nick was changed?!?! Its strange becouse i didnt do that i run to other players and and my nick was changed to -=BB=-Pist0* when i try change my nick by bind or by console it doesent works when i try change on normal way my nick esc->player there was my good nick so its [FAIL]smile. Any idea? Anyway i record short films how it didnt work good i know there is nothing special but my english isn't perfect so you guys can better understand me. :)
P.S
i forgot yestarday on other server kratos (fail member) have this same problem his nick was changed. And i check logs for serach any answer there was nothing special.

smile
Pistolero

Re: Nick bug

Postby Bodie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:43 am

Notice how newly joined bots get renamed to "$name *" if a bot with "$name" is already present on the server.
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Joe Kari » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:20 pm

It's not a bug, it's a feature to prevent from name collision (something that was really boring in 1.0).
If someone connect with a name that already exists, he have a * at the end, if a third connect, he get ** at the end of the name, etc...
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby smile » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:24 pm

lol its bug becouse when i try change nick e.g i have bind for that. And my nick is still this same but some other suddenly have my nick. Play a bit longer if you found time on servers and you will see ofc its not always but its ofen.

And for what i change nick to -=BB=-Pisto? -.- anyway we have this same nick witchout * I'm not stupid as you think in this post :P I understand what mean * in nick -.-
smile
Pistolero

Postby Bodie » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am

Joe Kari wrote:It's not a bug, it's a feature to prevent from name collision (something that was really boring in 1.0).
If someone connect with a name that already exists, he have a * at the end, if a third connect, he get ** at the end of the name, etc...

What if someone connects with a completely unrelated name, and still gets renamed, like Smile and multiple other people have experienced and reported? Is it still not a bug, but a feature?
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel