With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Abusive language and profanity of Czech players

Postby Binda[CZE] » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:37 pm

I've been playing Smokin' Guns for more than 2 years already without a single forum post. But now, I'm really annoyed because of some players. I've met a lot of players since I'm playing SG, but only players from The Czech Republic use abusive languge.

They are taking advantige of english filter only and are abusing in Czech. It it really annoying when you want to spend your free time with SG and someone is abusing you just because you kill him, are killed by him or just because you are.

Is there a posibility to add some "bad" words in Czech into abusive language filter?
Binda[CZE]
Newcomer

Re: Abusive language and profanity of Czech players

Postby TheDoctor » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:39 pm

Binda[CZE] wrote:I'm really annoyed because of some players are taking advantage of english filter only and are abusing in Czech. Is there a possibility to add some "bad" words in Czech into abusive language filter?

This is absolutely possible and no big deal for me. Either post the bad words here, possibly by using the spoil tag
Code: Select all
[spoil]
word1, w0rd1 = english translation
phrase2 = english translation
[/spoil]
or write an email to oa.doctor(at)gmail.com. I'll see to it, that the language filter is extended.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Binda[CZE] » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi,

thank you very much for prompt reply. I'll probably don't get all the words (we have got so many vulgarisms in Czech language), but let start with these:

dement, demente = demented
pico, kurvo, kurva, kravo, hajzle = cunt
curaku, kokote, kokot = dick
hovno = shit
hovado, idiote = idiot
debile, debil = asshole
poser se, bez do prdele, polib si prdel = fuck you
zmrd, zmrde, curomrd, curomrde = fucker
kreten, kterene = cretin
Binda[CZE]
Newcomer

Postby TheDoctor » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:20 pm

I've extended the word filter to cover the words you listed.

Binda[CZE] wrote: I'll probably don't get all the words (we have got so many vulgarisms in Czech language).

No problem. This is an iterative process anyway. Every player wanting to contribute to BB should write me a PM or an e-mail, if he sees a censor rule wrongfully applied or successfully evaded.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Biondo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Have to say a name, I have to: Pitbull (aka |GUNS|Pitbull). He abuses of Italian language too.
A good player with a bad perversion, insulting other players with gross words and teaching them to kids.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby TheDoctor » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Binda[CZE] wrote:Let's start with these ...

Right in the spot:
!!penalty list warn
[@18544] WeeD alias Dr.eXitus CB3F9F21 AS6830 86.49.85.67, 19 hours: insult (kundo => kundo )
[@18544] WeeD alias Dr.eXitus CB3F9F21 AS6830 86.49.85.67, 19 hours: insult (kretene => kretene )
[@18544] WeeD alias Dr.eXitus CB3F9F21 AS6830 86.49.85.67, 19 hours: insult (banda dementu tu hraje)
[...]

> !!penalty list mute
[@18544] WeeD alias Dr.eXitus CB3F9F21 AS6830 86.49.85.67, 5 hours: insult
[...]
:lol:
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Bart202 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Welcome to the forums :)
Insultings are a big problem, try to ignore it in anyway :)
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby JippiJaYeah » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:45 pm

>>Insultings are a big problem, try to ignore it in anyway :)
Its better to ban these players.
In game: JippieJaYeah aka TheFlyingChicken
http://www.lameclan.org
JippiJaYeah
Drifter

Postby Biondo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:02 pm

JippiJaYeah wrote:Its better to ban these players.

I agree with Jippi, though I'd make a distinction:
  1. Occasionally insulting players
  2. Obsessively insulting players, used to insult everybody, everytime, when winning and when loosing, often in different languages (see aforementioned cases). These players always find a way to circumvent auto-banning systems and with their behaviour they cause a damage, not only to other players, but also to the hosting server and to the game itself. IMO, once discovered, they should be banned for a good period of time.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby TheDoctor » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Biondo wrote:
JippiJaYeah wrote:Its better to ban these players.

I agree with Jippi.

For Baller Bude, I insist you at least try to report inappropriate phrases to this thread or via e-mail, before we start manually penalize players. If we manually penalize players, I'd choose mute penalties.

Banning players is currently only the last option. The rationale behind this is, banning people quickly get's very ugly and this time there is no personnel to compensate for collateral damage as I stand alone.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Biondo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:22 pm

@TheDoctor:

I always forget there's a 'mute' penalty in Baller, and that's enough for me, when applied for an appropriate amount of time.
Reporting to you 'inappropriate phrases' to be censored is a good practice, to be encouraged.

But the problem with 'inappropriate phrases' is not as simple as reporting a list of words, not only because one can substitute a letter in the word to circumvent auto-banning, but also because some phrases cannot be considered insults tout court.
"lame", "retard", "lucky" could hardly be considered words to blacklist, it's the obsessive frequency of their use, mixed with occasional grossness, that ruins the overall fun of a game. Probably only those who plays frequently in a server are able to know who insulting players are.

I suppose there is no definitive solution the problem. All I can suggest to server admins is to search for moderators among regular players.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby TheDoctor » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:42 pm

Biondo wrote:... not only because one can substitute a letter in the word to circumvent auto-banning, but also because some phrases cannot be considered insults tout court: "lame", "retard", "lucky".

You comparing Appels'n Oranges: How can you offended by lucky? Also lame is used by *Lame* members like "hello". You have to remain cool to some degree and let your weapon speak.

Another thing are explicit insults. We don't need to tolerate them and - with the help of loyal BB players - I am confident the filter can be adapted to cover most insults in any language. This includes many variations, e.g. try to say f*ck in Bude without being caught.

A different idea would be a command to personally ignore other players, such as !ignore Stranger. This could act like a personally mute command, where whatever Stranger say, is not forwarded to clients who used the !ignore command. Would that helpful?
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Biondo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:31 pm

I'm not comparing Apples and Oranges. Please, read again, lame.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby TheDoctor » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:16 pm

My point is: if a word is mostly used in an harmless context, the insult it can do cannot be that high. Therefore, there is not a need to filter such words. Lame (=thank) you.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Biondo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:39 pm

TheDoctor wrote:My point is: if a word is mostly used in an harmless context, the insult it can do cannot be that high. Therefore, there is not a need to filter such words. Lame (=thank) you.

This is what I said :?
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Next

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel