With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Re: Baller Bude Feedback, Discussion, Question & Answer Thre

Postby Biondo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi TheDoctor, there has been a regression in Baller Bude: you respawn with $ 27.00 again.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby TheDoctor » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:36 pm

Biondo wrote:You respawn with $ 27.00 again.

Thanks for the notification. This time I found the real cause: g_startingMoney is set to 27 whenever the shotguns special was called. It should have been reset to 20, but the responsible line had a typo.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby /dev/random » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:11 pm

TheDoctor wrote:As I've written in this topic previously, there are two download mechanisms built into Smokin-Guns: the first, controlled by sv_allowdownload, where the game server really does host the files, appending parts of a file to messages sent to the client. This is the old way, which does not work on BB because it is slow and (possibly) a security risk for the server.

Straight from ioquake3's README:
http://svn.icculus.org/*checkout*/quake3/trunk/README wrote:On a sidenote, downloading via UDP has been improved and yields higher data rates now. You can configure the maximum bandwidth for UDP downloads via the cvar sv_dlRate. Due to system-specific limits the download rate is capped at about 1 Mbyte/s per client, so curl downloading may still be faster.

I haven't checked the exact SVN revision when this was introduced. Either way, it's still not up to par with the external downloads.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby jippi-ja-yeah » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Howdy! :twisted:

I have to reinstall smokinguns1.1 and now BallerBude wants to update some *.pk3 files.
But there is not connect to the server: mirror.9k.lv !

Any solution? :roll:
In game: JippieJaYeah aka TheFlyingChicken
http://www.lameclan.org
jippi-ja-yeah
Drifter

Postby Biondo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:03 pm

I think mirror.9k.lv is a /dev/random's server, but I have no direct way to contact him. If any of you knows his e-mail address, or has a way to contact him via chat or IM, please inform him that his server looks to be down.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby /dev/random » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Oh hey!
It's my fault that the mirror is unreachable, since the contract with my previous server provider ran out (the DNS still points to the now unavailable IP). I've already ordered a new server elsewhere and should be able to set it up this weekend.

Sorry for the inconvenience :oops:

P.S.: You should be able to write me a PM right here in the forum, which I should also recieve via e-mail. Feel free to contact me with similar issues with that server, if Doc didn't sort them out already.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby TheDoctor » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:51 pm

Right now, there seems no solution other than to wait patiently. BB currently requires a HTTP web-space of around 600MB and a way for me to add/remove files. I estimate, the average monthly data download volume is around 1-2 Gigabytes. With BB's network connection already as bad as it is, I cannot host these files on the server itself without disrupting gameplay completely.

In the past, /dev/random provided our web-space necessary for hosting the additional content of BB free of charge. For that I am grateful, patiently hoping for this service to continue.

The last time I tried to use an alternative free commercial offer, downloading was blocked after a few weeks when the hosting company discovered, they would generate no ad revenue in my case. However, if another person of this community offers me a viable alternative, I'm happy to give it a try.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby jippi-ja-yeah » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:56 pm

Well, maybe i can host the map files transitionally on my private home server.
Not fast, but ok to download them.
jippi-ja-yeah
Drifter

Postby TheDoctor » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:51 pm

jippi-ja-yeah wrote:Well, maybe i can host the map files transitionally on my private home server. Not fast, but ok to download them.

I'm OK trying that as a temporary measure. However, you would need a static IP or a dynamic dns entry. AFAIK, SG/curl can handle FTP and HTTP, but I personally would prefer using HTTP. Additonally I need a FTP or SCP/SSH access limited to a single directory to upload/remove/change files. If you are able to PM/e-mail the credentials until sunday, 12:00 CET, I'll be able to setup and test everything this weekend.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby /dev/random » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:55 pm

The SG/BB part of the mirror is up and running again!
Took quite some time to transfer all the original files from BallerBude :)

If I didn't mess up, synchronization should work just as with the old server (@Doc).
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby jippi-ja-yeah » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:14 am

Thank you @/dev/random. :twisted:

Great to hear that the mirror runs again, so i can cancel the home server project.

Also another alternative is to use a free Cloud FTP.
jippi-ja-yeah
Drifter

Postby Biondo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:54 pm

I connected to Baller Bude 9999 times. This clearly classifies me as a dangerous psychopath, but doesn't matter. The question is, what will I win next time I'll connect, Doc? A lifelong Handicap of 200?
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby TheDoctor » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Biondo wrote:I connected to Baller Bude 9999 times. The question is, what will I win next time I'll connect, Doc? A lifelong Handicap of 200?
Unfortunately, I'm completely unprepared. Maybe I dedicate the next change of BB to you? Anyway, keep on connecting Biondo, as long as you enjoy it.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Biondo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:11 pm

TheDoctor wrote:Maybe I dedicate the next change of BB to you?

:) No, please, but thanks anyway. I just wanted to thank Baller Bude for all the fun I had in last 3 years (and more). Thanks to you, @spi and to all interesting people I met there.

Your grandpa.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby Gunslinger(HUN) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:24 am

Hi everyone!

I have a question about Baller Bude XLRStats. I played some good rounds early of the year, under the name of Gunslinger(HUN). Since april I don't play, and now I started again, with the same name, but the statistics not changed, my last appearence still 2013 april. I'm doing something wrong?

Sorry for my english.

Gunslinger(HUN)
Gunslinger(HUN)
Newcomer

PreviousNext

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel