With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

some improvement suggestions

Postby Kontekst » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Hey guys, this is my third day playing and i like this game a lot, but i already got some ideas to improve the gaming experience.

kill cam
call of duty players know this well. after you get killed, you see the last moment before you get shot in the perspective of your enemy. this would be useful so you can discover cheaters as a "normal user" and to understand how you got killed. sometimes i just can't figure it out.

multi threading
in times like this, most of the people got at least a dual-core. sure, it's awesome if this is game is made to run on slower PCs too, but if i look at the middle of a map, i get frame rates of < 30 FPS and it would be great if you guys would improve that. if it's limited because of the engine, my bad, but if there's a way - i'm looking forward to it.

crouching / toggle crouching
would be great, if you there would be an option to select toggle crouching, so you don't have to keep it pressed the whole time you want to crouch.

that was it. (for now)
maybe you can add some of your ideas, i would love to know if my ideas would be worth of adding it into the game. :)
Kontekst
Newcomer

Re: some improvement suggestions

Postby Pardner » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Welcome to SG,

Kontekst wrote:kill cam
call of duty players know this well. after you get killed, you see the last moment before you get shot in the perspective of your enemy. this would be useful so you can discover cheaters as a "normal user" and to understand how you got killed. sometimes i just can't figure it out.

Already implemented. Its a server option, so you need to play on a server with it enabled, or play single player:
/set g_deathcam 1
Most online servers that run BR do not enable it as it encourages people to chat the location of their killer. DM servers don't enable it for the same reason, I get tons of kills because people come back for revenge but don't know where I am! I could enable it on RAWHIDE DM for a try.

Kontekst wrote:multi threading
in times like this, most of the people got at least a dual-core. sure, it's awesome if this is game is made to run on slower PCs too, but if i look at the middle of a map, i get frame rates of < 30 FPS and it would be great if you guys would improve that. if it's limited because of the engine, my bad, but if there's a way - i'm looking forward to it.

Why? I don't mean to sound harsh, but this game was meant to run on systems built in year 1999. Yes, things can be improved, but we don't have the resources.

Kontekst wrote:crouching / toggle crouching
would be great, if you there would be an option to select toggle crouching, so you don't have to keep it pressed the whole time you want to crouch.

It would have to be a separate command. You would upset most players that do the crouch-jump to get up on hard to reach places!

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Kontekst » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:51 pm

It would have to be a separate command. You would upset most players that do the crouch-jump to get up on hard to reach places!

i already tried to explain this, but i meant it as a switch between toggle and hold. so it fits both styles.
Kontekst
Newcomer

Postby /dev/random » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Kontekst wrote:multi threading

This is mostly an engine limitation. Marked as WONTFIX due to lack of proper driver support as well as questionable gain in performance by ioquake3.

Given that SG is moving to the new opengl2 renderer, FPS should be GPU-bound anyways.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Bart202 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:34 am

I totally agree: "It would have to be a separate command. You would upset most players that do the crouch-jump to get up on hard to reach places!"
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel