With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Hey newcomer here !

Postby sweater » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:14 pm

Hello everyone

I'm Mike (in-game nickname : sweater), I'm 24 years old and I've just discovered greatest FPS of all times - oldschool western shooter > all this modern crap. Anyway, I'd like to find a group or clan where I could learn a bit in a friendly atmosphere - i'm more of a casual player.

Regards
Mike
sweater
Newcomer

Re: Hey newcomer here !

Postby Barto » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi sweater and welcome in this forum.
I'm always happy to see some new faces around :-)

For a teaching clan, I do not think there are some specific ones there (we're short on players mostly, but hell *LAME* clan would have been a good choice). But I guess - since everyone knows each other - you actually can ask anyone randomly on the server for some tips and tricks. Just play and watch other play.

Have a good day!
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Re: Hey newcomer here !

Postby torhu » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:07 am

Hi and welcome!

If you want to get better at the game, there are some tips here. I think there are some older threads, too. If someone always kills you, spectate him and try to see what he is doing, and what he is not doing. What you won't see are the most important things, like knowing the map, how other players are likely to move around it, which sounds or lack of sounds that he uses to understand where other players probably are, etc.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel