With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

XQF 1.0.6, server browser with Smokin' Guns support

Postby illwieckz » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:06 am

Hi! I've revived the good old XQF server browser and added support for this awesome game. :twisted:

This project was dormant since 2006 but I revived it this year. I have added some games (like Smokin' Guns :P ) and rewritten some deprecated things.

The 1.0.6 version was published October 26, 2014. You can read the official announce here and the changes since the last announced version here (8 years ago, like Western movies, what is old is good)…

The source code has been moved to GitHub : https://github.com/XQF/xqf/ :wink:

For historic reason, it’s a GNU/Linux software only. XQF 1.0.6 is not already distributed by Debian and Ubuntu but they already have compiled it, so you can get it by hand here for Debian or here for Ubuntu.

Note: if some of you speak french, you can also read a very detailed announce here. :P
illwieckz
Pistolero

Re: XQF 1.0.6, server browser with Smokin' Guns support

Postby Barto » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Hello illwieckz and welcome here, :twisted:

I have already seen your announce on linuxfr two days ago and I admit I was expecting you to come here since this was issue#62 on github. :roll:

I am happy to see that someone is now maintaining actively this awesome piece of software, even if it is a bit rusty as I read. I hope you can clean up a lot of code and use instead some more modern tech.

Right now, I'm waiting for someone to first notify the maintainer of the archlinux aur package for the new release... I just commented on the page to move things a bit.

I admit I had a good laugh when I saw the first image there featuring a SG server and even, the popular jeuxlinux.fr server. (I guessed having linux in the title was required, right?)

Thanks for everything.

Oh, and btw we spell the game "Smokin' Guns" as zturtleman spotted in a now closed issue (#76) :twisted:
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby TheDoctor » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:31 pm

illwieckz wrote:I've revived the good old XQF server browser and added support for this awesome game.

That's double good news for me: I like SG, of course, but I also use XQF and remember having a hard time to compile it.

I'd love to see a qt port of XQF, but I imagine, that's out of the question. Nevertheless, I have one realistic suggestion for you. If you have the time, please check the server sorting by (number of) players. It should sort by the server by the number of humans (the first number), but instead it seems to take the overall number of players - including bots - into account, which isn't even displayed in the "Player" column.

If you like to hear more suggestions, let me know - I'm always full of ideas.
;-)
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby illwieckz » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:15 am

Barto wrote:Hello illwieckz and welcome here, :twisted:

Thanks, by wanting publish my message, I was very surprised that I had not created my account here before! This critical error is now fixed. :twisted:

I have already seen your announce on linuxfr two days ago and I admit I was expecting you to come here since this was issue#62 on github. :roll:

Oah, I was expected. 8O

I am happy to see that someone is now maintaining actively this awesome piece of software, even if it is a bit rusty as I read. I hope you can clean up a lot of code and use instead some more modern tech.

XQF is a lot rusty. Hopefully, the announce has brings out some contributors, and the most incredible thing, some people come from nowhere before any official announce. For example, a guy has submitted a patch on the old SF.net page to support a game, he submitted that 6 years ago without response, I took his patch some weeks ago, I tested it, it appears fine to me, I merged it, then another guy comes from nowhere and pushed something to fix a bug in the former patch… 8O

Also I found successfully most of the previous coders, we had some very long discussions about XQF, some of them look at the updates with benevolence but say they will not invest, others say they are willing to rework on it. One of them is the Debian maintainer (Jordi Mallach), the guy who have maintained XQF with stacks of patch since all these years (without what he has done to let XQF compile today, I never tried, many thanks to him). His help his very precious because XQf can be officially packaged by some major distro efficiently.

Right now, I'm waiting for someone to first notify the maintainer of the archlinux aur package for the new release... I just commented on the page to move things a bit.

Good news for you, an Unvanquished developper (Viech) spontaneously proposed himself to package XQF for Arch (see his post), I will say to him he his not alone. ;-)

I admit I had a good laugh when I saw the first image there featuring a SG server and even, the popular jeuxlinux.fr server. (I guessed having linux in the title was required, right?)

Not right. :P

Having Smokin' Guns in the list was required, and a populated server was required too.

I chose voluntarily confidential games because it is easier to have a diverse list in few lines and because I want to show that they exist. And this is the meaning of my message, XQf can helps a lot players that plays to confidential games, it helps to find quickly a populated server whatever the game.

But I really choose Smokin' Guns because I really like this game. Too bad the 1.2 release takes too long time to come! It is not the first time I advertise Smokin' Guns in related-or-not news article, for example in this GStreamer news, another software that has no other relationship with Smokin' Guns than to be free and to love spaghetti Western. :twisted:

I really like Smokin' Guns but I am not a good player since I am not a good player at all, in any games. I play to games like Quake 3, Nexuiz/Xonotic, Tremulous/Unvanquished since more than 8 years, but I'm still a beginner. In fact I often play to Smokin' Guns in train, with bots. :twisted: I travel very often, I can circumnavigate the world in one year without going out of my country, so I play to Smokin' Guns very often, but offline.

Oh, and btw we spell the game "Smokin' Guns" as zturtleman spotted in a now closed issue (#76) :twisted:

Thank you, be precise is important. :)

TheDoctor wrote:That's double good news for me: I like SG, of course, but I also use XQF and remember having a hard time to compile it.

Triple good news, we pay special attention to that. :wink:

I'd love to see a qt port of XQF, but I imagine, that's out of the question. Nevertheless, I have one realistic suggestion for you.

Priority is already to get a clean GTK+2 version that compiles without -DGTK_ENABLE_BROKEN=1. :lol:

If you have the time, please check the server sorting by (number of) players. It should sort by the server by the number of humans (the first number), but instead it seems to take the overall number of players - including bots - into account, which isn't even displayed in the "Player" column.

Thanks for this report. I already created an issue with your proposal. :D

If you like to hear more suggestions, let me know - I'm always full of ideas.
;-)

Do not hesitate to write a ticket. :)
Last edited by illwieckz on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
illwieckz
Pistolero

Postby illwieckz » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:42 am

Hmm, I forgot to say something very important. :?

Due to some historical limitation¹, a binary path can't contains spaces. So, if you use the official Smokin' Guns zip archive, please rename the folder without spaces like Smokin_Guns if you want to launch it from XQF.

_______
¹There is not two entries in the configuration dialog, one for the binary path, another one for the args, but only one line and this line splits binary and args with spaces…
illwieckz
Pistolero

Postby Barto » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:08 am

illwieckz wrote:Good news for you, an Unvanquished developper (Viech) spontaneously proposed himself to package XQF for Arch (see his post), I will say to him he his not alone. ;-)

Good thing, and he's even already maintaining few packages.
I had to create yesterday a new account for https://aur.archlinux.org/ (yes I was the guy that commented on the xqf package) and I have no knowledge for this and so I am unable to provide some help. Be sure I won't be mad if the package is from the AUR and that I still need to compile the code on my machine.
For the xqf-svn package, I just have no idea what to do with it. I won't personnally use it, and you moved the whole to git, maybe suggesting the current packager to delete the package and create - if he still have some willings - a xqf-git package might be the best solutions. It's just some random words, do not take them too seriously.
It's good that debian maintained the required compile-patches during that time, thanks Jodri for all his work!

illwieckz wrote:XQF is a lot rusty. Hopefully, the announce has brings out some contributors, and the most incredible thing, some people come from nowhere before any official announce. For example, a guy has submitted a patch on the old SF.net page to support a game, he submitted that 6 years ago without response, I took his patch some weeks ago, I tested it, it appears fine to me, I merged it, then another guy comes from nowhere and pushed something to fix a bug in the former patch… 8O

Posting the release announcement on most of the linux game forums, on github and linuxfr got your project into the spotlight. This was the best decision you could make to motivate few people to have a look in their code.
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Barto » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Arch User Repository Update:
xqf 1.0.6 and xqf-git is now there. There is a bit of noise about moving ownership of packages but everything is going on the right way. Sadly xqf current fails to build, this might be solved in a few days I guess. I just put the console output of my `yaourt -S xqf` just in case.

Code: Select all
barto@archdesktop:~$ LANG=en_US.UTF-8 yaourt -S xqf

==> Downloading xqf PKGBUILD from AUR...
x PKGBUILD
x .AURINFO
Comment by tobias_de  (2014-11-06 09:53)
Thanks, I no longer use xqf, but I can certainly package this, as there are probably not so frequent releases. Otherwise I could disown it for you, if you are interested.

Comment by illwieckz  (2014-11-06 11:33)
Thank you for your quick response!

but I can certainly package this, as there are probably not so frequent releases

I hope to wake up the project and therefore release a little more often than in previous years. ;-)

Otherwise I could disown it for you, if you are interested.

Unfortunately I stopped using Arch eight years ago, and I do not know how to package for Arch, I come here because some people are requesting Arch package. But I can help if some problems are encountered.

I'm waiting for comment from the maintainer of the xqf-svn package, perhaps he could be interested. Otherwise we need to find someone!

Comment by Slash  (2014-11-07 02:14)
I can update this if needed.

Comment by tobias_de  (2014-11-10 14:25)
@Slash: I see you created xqf-git, so it's probably sensible if you maintain both pacakages.

Comment by tobias_de  (2014-11-10 14:28)
Disowned for @Slash
Maybe you also want to take qstat?

xqf 1.0.6.2-1  (Sat Nov 13 16:36:30 CET 2010)
This package is orphaned
( Unsupported package: Potentially dangerous ! )
==> Edit PKGBUILD ? [Y/n] ("A" to abort)
==> ------------------------------------
==> n

==> xqf dependencies:
 - gtk2 (already installed)
 - perl-xml-parser (already installed)
 - qstat (building from AUR)
 - geoip (package found)

==> Continue building xqf ? [Y/n]
==> -----------------------------
==>
==> Building and installing package
==> Install or build missing dependencies for xqf:
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Packages (2): geoip-database-20140902-1  geoip-1.6.2-1

Total Installed Size:   2.24 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(2/2) checking keys in keyring                                                                                                                 [#######################################################################################] 100%
(2/2) checking package integrity                                                                                                               [#######################################################################################] 100%
(2/2) loading package files                                                                                                                    [#######################################################################################] 100%
(2/2) checking for file conflicts                                                                                                              [#######################################################################################] 100%
(2/2) checking available disk space                                                                                                            [#######################################################################################] 100%
(1/2) installing geoip-database                                                                                                                [#######################################################################################] 100%
(2/2) installing geoip                                                                                                                         [#######################################################################################] 100%

==> Downloading qstat PKGBUILD from AUR...
x PKGBUILD
Comment by ilpianista  (2010-11-13 15:25)
* moved from [extra]

Comment by Xyne  (2012-10-21 00:51)
Here's an updated version of the PKGBUILD: http://xyne.archlinux.ca/tmp/qstat/PKGBUILD

Comment by mathias.steiger  (2014-10-21 00:30)
qstat.c:2579:7: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘__extension__’
char *strndup( const char *string, size_t len);

insert line:
sed "s#strndup#strndupz0r#g" -i qstat.c
before ./configure in build()

qstat 2.11-2  (Sat Nov 13 16:25:30 CET 2010)
( Unsupported package: Potentially dangerous ! )
==> Y

==> qstat dependencies:
 - glibc (already installed)

==> n

==> Continue building qstat ? [Y/n]
==> -------------------------------
==>
==> Building and installing package
==> Making package: qstat 2.11-2 (Mon Nov 10 16:56:06 CET 2014)
==> WARNING: Using a PKGBUILD without a package() function is deprecated.
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Downloading qstat-2.11.tar.gz...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0   374    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
  0   343    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
100  252k  100  252k    0     0   126k      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:--  397k
==> Validating source files with md5sums...
    qstat-2.11.tar.gz ... Passed
==> Extracting sources...
  -> Extracting qstat-2.11.tar.gz with bsdtar
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting build()...
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking sys/mman.h usability... yes
checking sys/mman.h presence... yes
checking for sys/mman.h... yes
checking whether to enable debug output... yes
checking whether to enable packet dumps... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating template/Makefile
config.status: creating info/Makefile
config.status: creating gnuconfig.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11'
Making all in template
make[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11/template'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11/template'
Making all in info
make[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11/info'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11/info'
make[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11'
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT config.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/config.Tpo" -c -o config.o config.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/config.Tpo" ".deps/config.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/config.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT debug.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/debug.Tpo" -c -o debug.o debug.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/debug.Tpo" ".deps/debug.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/debug.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT hcache.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/hcache.Tpo" -c -o hcache.o hcache.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/hcache.Tpo" ".deps/hcache.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/hcache.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT md5.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/md5.Tpo" -c -o md5.o md5.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/md5.Tpo" ".deps/md5.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/md5.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT qserver.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/qserver.Tpo" -c -o qserver.o qserver.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/qserver.Tpo" ".deps/qserver.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/qserver.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT qstat.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/qstat.Tpo" -c -o qstat.o qstat.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/qstat.Tpo" ".deps/qstat.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/qstat.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
qstat.c: In function ‘do_work’:
qstat.c:2998:18: warning: variable ‘fd’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  int pktlen, rc, fd;
                  ^
qstat.c: In function ‘deal_with_ghostrecon_packet’:
qstat.c:8349:29: warning: variable ‘end’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
     char str[256], *start, *end, StartFlag, *lpszIgnoreServerPlayer;
                             ^
qstat.c:8349:21: warning: variable ‘start’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
     char str[256], *start, *end, StartFlag, *lpszIgnoreServerPlayer;
                     ^
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT template.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/template.Tpo" -c -o template.o template.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/template.Tpo" ".deps/template.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/template.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT a2s.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/a2s.Tpo" -c -o a2s.o a2s.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/a2s.Tpo" ".deps/a2s.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/a2s.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT packet_manip.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/packet_manip.Tpo" -c -o packet_manip.o packet_manip.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/packet_manip.Tpo" ".deps/packet_manip.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/packet_manip.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT ut2004.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/ut2004.Tpo" -c -o ut2004.o ut2004.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/ut2004.Tpo" ".deps/ut2004.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/ut2004.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT doom3.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/doom3.Tpo" -c -o doom3.o doom3.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/doom3.Tpo" ".deps/doom3.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/doom3.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT gps.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/gps.Tpo" -c -o gps.o gps.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/gps.Tpo" ".deps/gps.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/gps.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT gs2.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/gs2.Tpo" -c -o gs2.o gs2.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/gs2.Tpo" ".deps/gs2.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/gs2.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT gs3.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/gs3.Tpo" -c -o gs3.o gs3.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/gs3.Tpo" ".deps/gs3.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/gs3.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT ts2.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/ts2.Tpo" -c -o ts2.o ts2.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/ts2.Tpo" ".deps/ts2.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/ts2.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -Dsysconfdir=\"/etc\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DDEBUG -DENABLE_DUMP  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall -MT tm.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/tm.Tpo" -c -o tm.o tm.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/tm.Tpo" ".deps/tm.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/tm.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
ts2.c: In function ‘deal_with_ts2_packet’:
ts2.c:51:12: warning: variable ‘end’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  char *s, *end;
            ^
tm.c: In function ‘deal_with_tm_packet’:
tm.c:68:12: warning: variable ‘end’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  char *s, *end;
            ^
gcc  -march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall  -Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro -o qstat  config.o debug.o hcache.o md5.o qserver.o qstat.o template.o a2s.o packet_manip.o ut2004.o doom3.o gps.o gs2.o gs3.o ts2.o tm.o 
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11'
Making install in template
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11/template'
make[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11/template'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11/template'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11/template'
Making install in info
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11/info'
make[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11/info'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11/info'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11/info'
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11'
make[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11'
test -z "/etc" || mkdir -p -- "/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/pkg/qstat/etc"
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'qstat.cfg' '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/pkg/qstat/etc/qstat.cfg'
test -z "/usr/bin" || mkdir -p -- "/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/pkg/qstat/usr/bin"
  /usr/bin/install -c 'qstat' '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/pkg/qstat/usr/bin/qstat'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-barto/aur-qstat/src/qstat-2.11'
==> Tidying install...
  -> Purging unwanted files...
  -> Removing libtool files...
  -> Removing static library files...
  -> Compressing man and info pages...
  -> Stripping unneeded symbols from binaries and libraries...
==> Creating package "qstat"...
  -> Generating .PKGINFO file...
  -> Generating .MTREE file...
  -> Compressing package...
==> Leaving fakeroot environment.
==> Finished making: qstat 2.11-2 (Mon Nov 10 16:56:11 CET 2014)

==> Continue installing qstat ? [Y/n]
==> [v]iew package contents [c]heck package with namcap
==> ---------------------------------------------------
==> Y

loading packages...
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Packages (1): qstat-2.11-2

Total Installed Size:   0.23 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                                                                 [#######################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                                                               [#######################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                                                                                    [#######################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                                                              [#######################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                                                                                            [#######################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) installing qstat                                                                                                                         [#######################################################################################] 100%
==> Making package: xqf 1.0.6.2-1 (Mon Nov 10 16:56:15 CET 2014)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Downloading xqf-1.0.6.2.tar.gz...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   120    0   120    0     0    183      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   183
100  581k  100  581k    0     0   194k      0  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:--  339k
==> Validating source files with md5sums...
    xqf-1.0.6.2.tar.gz ... Passed
==> Extracting sources...
  -> Extracting xqf-1.0.6.2.tar.gz with bsdtar
==> Starting build()...
rm: cannot remove ‘pixmaps/flags/*.png’: No such file or directory
Running gettextize and intltoolize...
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

./autogen.sh: 67: ./autogen.sh: intltoolize: not found
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build .
==> Restart building xqf ? [y/N]
==> ----------------------------
==>

For your information, I did the sed `"s#strndup#strndupz0r#g" -i qstat.c` for qstat as suggested.
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby illwieckz » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:27 am

Sadly xqf current fails to build

Code: Select all
./autogen.sh: 67: ./autogen.sh: intltoolize: not found

Hi, thanks for your report, se #95 :wink:

It seems that the xqf package needed the package intltool to build but was not added to the dependency list.

For your information, I did the sed `"s#strndup#strndupz0r#g" -i qstat.c` for qstat as suggested.

I don't know what it is! :o

But, good news for you, Slash Bunny has adopted the xqf, xqf-git, qstat and qstat-svn packages on AUR and fixed the build for ArchLinux. :wink:
gg.illwieckz.net { le frag courtois }En français dans le geste
illwieckz
Pistolero

Postby Barto » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:13 pm

illwieckz wrote:Hi, thanks for your report, se #95 :wink:

I looked at it, thanks Slash a ton for his work. I'm even more happier that he took the whole xqf and qstat packages. At least I'm sure someone will test the full compilation pipeline to make everything work.

illwieckz wrote:It seems that the xqf package needed the package intltool to build but was not added to the dependency list.

I was using xqf-git meanwhile, but since I saw it got fixed, I just fell back to the regular release. Good Slash also fixed this weird strndupz0r stuff (he added the sed stuff into the build script), I admit that I don't know where this fix comes from...

Oh, and I also saw that you made another cool article about ET:Legacy in DLFP (https://linuxfr.org/news/enemy-territor ... resistance).
I just wanted to comment that iortcw is maintained by MAN-AT-ARMS and he merged all ioquake3's changes back in his code (and he is not late on the git version). And, as far as I know, he is also the author of rtcwcoop for this same game.
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby illwieckz » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:55 pm

I was using xqf-git meanwhile, but since I saw it got fixed, I just fell back to the regular release.

This is a prudent decision, and a good one. :)

I just wanted to comment that iortcw is maintained by MAN-AT-ARMS and he merged all ioquake3's changes back in his code (and he is not late on the git version). And, as far as I know, he is also the author of rtcwcoop for this same game.

Nice! Do not hesitate to write a comment in DLFP for DLFP readers, this information is important! ;)
gg.illwieckz.net { le frag courtois }En français dans le geste
illwieckz
Pistolero

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel