With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

What'up Smokin Guns ?

Postby -Murdoc- » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:16 am

Hi all !

I come back on SG and I hope hours of fun. I'd like some news about the game and his development ? Is it possible to know if the game is still in development and if 1.2 will come one day or a patch to fix bugs ? Please, I think our gaming community need some communication about it.

Friendly.

Murry.

PS : An hello to -BB-Bart, the BoH, the GOLD, the NuB and others players who know me !

Un petit mot à Tequila en français : ça serait chouette d'avoir quelques nouvelles sur le jeu et son développement si possible. Merci :wink:
-Murdoc-
Quick Draw

Re: What'up Smokin Guns ?

Postby TheDoctor » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:02 am

Sadly, there is no development I'm aware of. Personally, I find myself unable to get into SG programming again. The main reason is, programming is not my day job and I would need weeks, maybe even months of continuous time to relearn the quirks of the Quake3 engine and to contribute something useful.

On the content side, I did some work on two maps, an overhaul of dm_aguacaliente and a port of a map from a different game, but technical problems prevent me from releasing anything.

For now, concerning SG, I reduced my goals to preserve what was archived rather than trying to change (and possibly break) things.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Re: What'up Smokin Guns ?

Postby -Murdoc- » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:21 pm

Thank you Doc for news. I hope smokin guns development will have a second wind ! Maybe one day, a patch to fix bugs, some new maps and menus. It's hard time for free and open source developement projects... I stay a player of SG. Acquaint SG gaming community if you have any news about dev. :)
-Murdoc-
Quick Draw

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel