With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Who is still playing ? :'D

Postby Maxes » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:38 pm

Hey i played this game aaaaages ago and i reminded myself on it :D but sadly as i can see no human player plays on the servers anymore..
Hopefully someone sees this post...
Maxes
Newcomer

Re: Who is still playing ? :'D

Postby TheDoctor » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi, welcome back. Usually in the evening, there is some activity on some servers. Another approach is to bring your friends with you.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby em1o » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:02 am

i play a dying Unreal3 game called Hawken. i flamed my cpu and mobo 2 nights ago, and am awaiting replacement parts, and saw the SG desktop link on an old W7/Fedora box i'm using in the interim. i noticed the note in the box cover "10/2012", so yeh it's been a while. but we're still Out Here!
em1o
Newcomer

Postby TBeholder » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:29 am

I do occasionally. It's fun, but...
SG is obscure. I got it from PlayDeb (which still has 1.0). Repositories are simply convenient, so not many people will look anywhere else, unless searching for something specific.
I also occasionally look up cool stuff on SourceForge, but that's it.
Windows crowd may have it better in that they have to look around, or worse - no easy updates and there only so many shops or review sites most people will visit regularly.

Also, unlike Cube games, here's no readily available lobby/masterserver/whatever.
Thus PlayDeb stats show 1646 downloads, but you won't see most of these people here or on your server. Most of them probably run single-player for a while, get tired of stupid bots and move on.
TBeholder
Newcomer

Postby TheDoctor » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:26 pm

TBeholder wrote:here's no readily available lobby/masterserver/whatever.

Did you try to download and unpack the OS independent archive and run ./smokinguns.i386 from it? It's version 1.1 and should show some multiplayer servers. On the download page, there's also a .deb file.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel