With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Is there a way to obtain all of the SG maps to play

Postby gunsmoker » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:48 am

Hello all,

I have been trying to get some games going again lately and have occasionally been able to get 3-5 people together to play.

We usually play BR on the BR smokin guns server. However when I call a vote for a new map, only the original maps are showing up.

Is there a way to get all the maps so when I call a vote I can choose from the comprehensive list of BR maps?

Thanks for the help,

The classic maps are still a lot of fun but am hoping to gain some depth as far as maps go to keep interest and get new interest.

For example, the map that is at night time with a boat as the getaway is cool map but I have not been able to figure out how to play it,

Thanks.

Hope to see you all out soon for some games.

P.S. glad to read about the new progress for the game. If I knew anything about computer enough to help I would be lending a hand. We have had tons of fun playing this game over the years and looking forward to a resurgence in the game again.
Last edited by gunsmoker on Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
gunsmoker
Pistolero

Re: Is there a way to obtain all of the SG maps to play

Postby Biondo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:05 pm

Don't let your green age speak for you. Just ask the right questions and you will get the right answers. If any.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby gunsmoker » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:11 pm

Thanks for the response Biondo.

I am unsure of what you are saying in the response but thank you for acknowledging my post.

I have found that some of the newer maps (but not all)(especially the one at night with the boat as the escape) are available on the wiki section of the website but have not had a chance to see if I can get them to work yet.

do you know the one at night with the boat as the escape? I only played it once or twice but it seemed like a fun map and would like to play it again, as well as play the other new ones too
gunsmoker
Pistolero

Postby Biondo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:31 pm

Gunsmoker,

hold your horses. Probably you want to ask a question at a time, and to the right contact. Maybe TheDoctor could answer, or maybe Tequila, or Barto (why not? He is always very keen to help, and a much beloved friend of mine).
One question at a time, Gunsmoker, holding your horses. I'm not the right ghost to help you here, I'm just passing through.

In the meanwhile, keep having fun in SG, nice player.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby gunsmoker » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:24 am

Lol k, I hear you. I am practicing patience. I too, like the rest of you have had great times playing this game, and wish for the glory days of SG to return. Would love to see at least 2 servers full again, having to wait to get a spot. Cheers
gunsmoker
Pistolero

Postby MsH » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:33 pm

I guess most servers (if all of them) does not have those maps. If they have they should appear in callvote list.

If you happen to have a map you want to play in your gamefiles, you can launch it at least for singleplayer (to play against bots, boring). If you don't see that map you wanna play in the singleplayer map lists, try console command /map br_harbor (or dm_ if you wanna play deathmatch)
I guess that night map was called harbor made by donut you are referring to.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2570&hilit=harbor
Unfortunately download link doesn't work there.

/devmap allows you to use cheats if you want to explore with noclip etc.
MsH
Gunslinger

Postby TheDoctor » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:09 am

gunsmoker wrote:However when I call a vote for a new map, only the original maps are showing up.

Only maps in the so-called map cycle will load via nextmap. The administrator of a server defines the map cycle. Not every map is available on every server, because not every map is part of the Smokin' Guns package.

gunsmoker wrote:Is there a way to get all the maps so when I call a vote I can choose from the comprehensive list of BR maps?

Usually not, as far as I know. You can try \callvote map br_harbor to directly switch to a map (in this case, the harbor map you spoke of). You can replace br_harbor with any map name you know. Check BB for an overview of many maps. Some maps have dm_ as well as br_ versions. Usually, only the dm_ versions are listed on BB (unless the br_ variant of a map is different from the dm_ variant, e.g. dm_/br_nonamecity)
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby gunsmoker » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:24 pm

Thank you for the responses, they were helpful in getting the most out of the game.

Something that has come to my attention if anyone else is in a similar situation is that there is a repository of maps and other SG stuff. I do not know how to get it, but my homey got it and now we can theoretically play harbor, although we have not been able to yet, still working out the details on how to be able to play it.
gunsmoker
Pistolero

Postby Barto » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:38 pm

It took me a while to answer this post. That's what I call being damn busy with work.

Anyway, servers on the web come and go way too fast, and I'm hardly able to keep up to guarantee accessibility to maps and extra content.

Few links (I've already mentioned them in the past):

Please, people, when you create user content, share them through archive.org and not those silly file sharing/cloud storage stuffs randomly found on google. Those don't last.

Anyway, nice to see you all still around :)
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby gunsmoker » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:16 am

Barto thanks for the reply. I will check to see if that is the repository that he was talking about. Archive.org seems cool. Life sure does get busy and appreciate the time spent to show us this stuff.
gunsmoker
Pistolero

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel