With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

64bit?

Postby Rivon » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi
I'm running 64bit Debian Linux (lenny) and I couldn't run the game beacuse of it needing 32bit libraries which I have in 64bit versions.
So I decided that I would compile it from the sources. The problem is the cons (or whatever) compiles for 32bit system right from the start. Is there a way I can configure it to compile for 64bit?

And one other thing - which dependencies do I have to have installed in order to compile the SG? (I compiled some Quake games recently, so I probably have all, but if there's some special one ;))

Thx for the help
Rivon
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:50 pm

I can't answer your questions about compiling, but I see some info about 64 bit Linux HERE. Hope it helps.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Rivon » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:21 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:I can't answer your questions about compiling, but I see some info about 64 bit Linux HERE. Hope it helps.

Thanks, but it doesn't help. It looks like AMD64 isn't supported...
Pls someone from devteam, could you answer my question?
Rivon
Newcomer

Postby Pyrite » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:52 am

I think this has been answered before in another post, but I can't find it now. Only 32 bit x86 on Windows and Linux is supported at the current time. I've been bugging the devs about other architectures too (specifically PowerPC). Apparently they have plans to backport the code from ioQuake3 into Smokin' Guns, which will allow a load more architectures, but that's going to take some time. Sorry! If you have time to spare, I'm sure they'd appreciate some help though!
Pyrite
Pistolero

Postby Tequila » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi,

yes I confirm, the current engine can't compile on 64bits. I will quickly start a new branch to backport SG engine to ioQ3 sources.

Then I will expect any volonteer to check it out and try it, and of course any patch to support 64bits or any other platform will be welcome ;)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby RoCKeTKaT » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:54 pm

Tequila wrote:Hi,

yes I confirm, the current engine can't compile on 64bits. I will quickly start a new branch to backport SG engine to ioQ3 sources.

Then I will expect any volonteer to check it out and try it, and of course any patch to support 64bits or any other platform will be welcome ;)

Hi,

I would also like to volunteer to test 64-bit builds. I'm running slamd64 and it doesn't seem like I can get the 32-bit version to work, it require X libs (libXxf86dga.so.1) that are not available as 32-bit.
RoCKeTKaT
Newcomer

Postby CoolHand » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:01 am

I get errors with LibXxf86dga.so.1 also when trying to run on my 64bit debian/Sidux laptop.... :(

Openarena runs fine....

./smokinguns.x86
./smokinguns.x86: error while loading shared libraries: libXxf86dga.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

RoCKeTKaT wrote:
Tequila wrote:Hi,

Hi,

I would also like to volunteer to test 64-bit builds. I'm running slamd64 and it doesn't seem like I can get the 32-bit version to work, it require X libs (libXxf86dga.so.1) that are not available as 32-bit.
CoolHand
Pistolero

Postby sparcdr » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:49 am

You need the x11-compat files, I'm not sure what Debian calls the metapackage though. 64-bit users would typically run 32-bit binaries using a full set of required 32-bit libraries (So called userland).
sparcdr
SG Team

Another Debian Linux 64 bit server available for testing

Postby RawShark » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:21 am

We also run a 64 bit debian server and are eager to test 64 bit binaries.

http://altfire.com/main/html/smokinguns.php

Sign us up for beta testing please :D
RawShark
Drifter

Postby RoCKeTKaT » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:05 pm

I guess another thread was started on this and I missed it:
viewtopic.php?t=1518
... just in case anyone else missed it.
RoCKeTKaT
Newcomer

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar