With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Reloading bugs

Postby Ugly » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Firstly, thanks for all your hard work folks, I have been having a real blast with the full release of the game. Job well done.

I'm using Vista 32(why?) and the full release of the game. A couple of reloading glitches seem to have crept in which were not in the last module release I downloaded.

Sometimes the reloading animation freezes and I'm left with a picture of a half reloaded gun for several seconds although I can still fire it. This is particularly weird when you are using two pistols as for a moment you have three hands! Seems to strike sometimes when you pick up a gun as well.

Secondly when I get down to 1 cartridge in my stock when I'm using the colt lightning sometimes it refuses to show me how many cartridges I have loaded in the gun until I buy some more.

Ugly
Ugly
Pistolero

Postby Breli » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi Ugly and welcome to the forum!

The "three hands bug" is a (very) old one and part of the game since at least 2005. We never got rid of it and I suggest now to keep it for traditional reasons :lol: ...

However, we managed to introduce new bugs such as the rifle reload bug that causes inaccurate HUD displays of ammo. :? Hopefully, our coders will squish that one quite soon!

Cheers

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:30 pm

Breli wrote:The "three hands bug" is a (very) old one and part of the game since at least 2005. We never got rid of it and I suggest now to keep it for traditional reasons.
Yes, please don't clean up Smokin' Guns too much. The quirks give it character, like a 15 year old car where you keep the door closed with a coat hanger. :wink:
Irgendeiner wartet immer.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Ugly » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:42 pm

DeUgli wrote:Yes, please don't clean up Smokin' Guns too much. The quirks give it character, like a 15 year old car where you keep the door closed with a coat hanger. :wink:

Maybe it character, more like a 15 year old whisky. :D

I don't remember seeing the 3 hands bug before, maybe I've just been lucky or maybe its because I was using OpenArena, who knows.

I've been meaning to sign up for ages, why did I wait until I had a bug report?
Ugly
Pistolero

Postby Joe Kari » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:00 am

I have fixed the bug of the colt lightning (happend to peacemaker, winchester 1866 and 1897 too), but you have to wait for the next release (maybe in one or two months) ;)
For the three-hands bug, I have no idea how to reproduce it at will, so it is difficult to figure out why it happen sometime... If someone find a way to do it at will, just tell me !
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:02 am

3 arm bug happens to me mostly in 1st person spectator mode.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:38 am

Joe Kari wrote:I have fixed the bug of the colt lightning (happend to peacemaker, winchester 1866 and 1897 too), but you have to wait for the next release (maybe in one or two months) ;)

Don't say that, I will release linux binaries soon after I stabilized some few things ;)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:15 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:3 arm bug happens to me mostly in 1st person spectator mode.

You may be onto something there. I think I usually see this during round game types. I will keep an eye our for when it happens.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:50 am

I get this one a lot with the remington pistol. Animation stuck at reload. Unless I'm mistaken, the 3rd arm bug is always a remington in the middle?

ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby MisterX » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:50 pm

I had my camera ready and captured these for you:
http://s10.directupload.net/images/user ... oub9lg.jpg
http://s10b.directupload.net/images/use ... k2zifm.jpg

A third arm growing out of the belly, that's so Fallout :D
I am pretty sure that at least one time it happened when I started reloading one of my two revolvers just before the round ended. When the next one started first one revolver was drawn automatically and the reloading instantly started again, and only then the second revolver was drawn.
I noticed this delay when drawing two revolvers several times. First only one is drawn and with a slight delay the second one, although I wanted to draw both simultaneously.
Maybe it's got something to do with that? The game thinks you only have one revolver drawn, or you factually do for a very short period of time, and you start reloading it as usual, but then the second revolver is still drawn and the reloading continues.
MisterX
Pistolero

Postby Pardner » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:20 pm

I was all excited because I saw the peacemaker third hand for the first time today.... but i see MisterX has beat me to it ;) oh well :(

Pic doesnt show much, but you can see that it is doing the reload animation, but the other peacemaker is still out.
Pardner
SG Team

Why Pardner is so good

Postby Pardner » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:02 am

I had two empty peacemakers at the end of the BR round
I clicked reload on the left one just as the round ended
The new round started before the reload animation started
When the new round started and I had fully loaded peacemakers
But it reloaded a 7th bullet
Pardner
SG Team

Postby sparcdr » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:40 am

There are Windows binaries made for recent SVN but probably need more testing.

By all means, try them out:

http://www.smokin-guns.org/downloads/bi ... 125/win32/
sparcdr
SG Team

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel