With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Bad Spawn in Dry Gulch

Postby DeUgli » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:46 am

[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/344_stuck_1.jpg][timg]344_stuck_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb]
I thought I'd upload this screenshot of the place we kept getting stuck at spawn during round-based teamplay tonight. I'm sure the dev team already knows about this but I didn't see anything in the forums. Red is well aware of it, since I whined loudly about it. :roll:

"Someone's always waiting" indeed.
Irgendeiner wartet immer.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:19 am

Yep. That's on the "to do" list for the next patch.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:48 am

Thanks for posting this. Bad placed spawnpoints are really annoying. I managed to set a few spawnpoints directly into botclips since I turned them off for visibility reasons.

Ah ... We need to write a Radiant plugin that checks whether entities are placed inside other brushes ...
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:58 pm

Breli wrote:Ah ... We need to write a Radiant plugin that checks whether entities are placed inside other brushes ...

That would be really really useful!! Probably would cause radiant crash along with all our unsaved work!! lol
Pardner
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:35 pm

Maybe it would be easier to do in the code, i.e. check wether a spawnpoint is inside a solid brush and if so, select another one.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:48 pm

Well, placing bad spawn points is the mappers fault. If a spawn point is unusable the map should be recompiled. If we could have a Radiant plug-in that checked if the spawn points are inside another brush it should solve it.
Pardner
SG Team

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel