With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Bugs I've noticed

Postby mLy! » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:58 pm

-When I get a windows pop up my screen goes all dark

-When minimizing and maximizing using ALT+ENTER the game lags for about 5 seconds

-half the times it is impossible to buy the boiler plate, then I have to exit the buy menu and try again

- when reloading the colt peacemaker, the sound reloades 7 bullets...

- I killed someone with primed dynamite, and 2 primed dynamites fell on the ground and did not explode together.

- Surviving dynamite when it is exploding just next to me :D

- Spectators as fly getting 'hit' when close to dynamite explosion

- Spectator sometimes appearing in the air as player models

- Random guns appearing and falling from the sky. On IRC someone told me this was a player using an exploid, then I have some ideas who is causing it.....

- when scores menu is on screen, you can scrol without the scroll menu, but then shotguns/rifles don't shoot the first shot.
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Re: Bugs I've noticed

Postby Pardner » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:33 pm

mLy! wrote:-When minimizing and maximizing using ALT+ENTER the game lags for about 5 seconds

when you ALT+ENTER the game does a /vid_restart. If you do that command in game you will see that it will lag as well. It is just re starting all the video options.

mLy! wrote:-half the times it is impossible to buy the boiler plate, then I have to exit the buy menu and try again

There is a timer on the buy menu because people were double clicking items and buying two of something they didnt want. It may be that you are not waiting long enough. If it is still causeing problems for you, try pressing b51

mLy! wrote:- when reloading the colt peacemaker, the sound reloades 7 bullets...

Known, and fixed for the next release:
viewtopic.php?t=1450

mLy! wrote:- Random guns appearing and falling from the sky. On IRC someone told me this was a player using an exploid, then I have some ideas who is causing it.....

Fixed

The rest need to be tested and addressed. I'm sure most of the players have encountered these bugs too. Hehe some of them are bugs I've always thought made SG what it is ;)

Pardner
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:00 pm

I have seen spectators with models, too. Especially at the beginning of a match there are playermodels where everyone gets spawned. I've seen this Bug in other Q3-based game asewell.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby mLy! » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:25 pm

So how does the dynamite damage work? It seems a bit weird and random to me
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby mLy! » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:06 am

some more:

-When shooting dead body, guns jump out of the body
-Selfkill when shooting shotgun against the wall
-random sellkill when shooting colt peacemaker
-opponant gets hit by dynamite when he is on the other side of the map :O
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Breli » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:32 am

mLy! wrote:some more:

Hi I never epxerienced any of these. Are you really sure that we are talking about the same game here :lol: ... I mean, yes, its a little buggy here and there but I hope not like this ;)
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:24 pm

mLy! wrote:-When shooting dead body, guns jump out of the body
-random sellkill when shooting colt peacemaker

I've experienced these two, but I have never been able to reproduce it. I had a nice little demo of the peacemaker selfkill. I think these might be due to lag, only because I remember it being laggy that day.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Pardner wrote:I've experienced these two, but I have never been able to reproduce it. I had a nice little demo of the peacemaker selfkill. I think these might be due to lag, only because I remember it being laggy that day.

Yes, shooting yourself with your own weapon is lag. It's quake3's crap-tastic net code. I remember being able to shoot myself all the time with the rocket launcher in vanilla Quake3 on a laggy server.. Fun times :roll:
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby mLy! » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:19 pm

The colt selfkill could indeed have been because of lag, it was not me but a friend who has some laggy moments due to wireless shared connection.

The others happend just once, exept the guns out of dead body, that happens more than once :)
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Joe Kari » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:39 pm

-opponant gets hit by dynamite when he is on the other side of the map :O

This is just a console message bug, no damage are taken. I've seen sometime message like "you hit XXX's head" just when the dyno exploded, but it never killed anyone, and in fact, dyno does not care (and doesn't display) damage location.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby mLy! » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Well, it was me playing with a friend and we were on teamspeak, and he did in fact receive damage, he was hurt to 10 HP.

Map was backwater and I was in the church and he was at the train
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby mLy! » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:23 am

-on alamo tiny BR:

When defending, and opening the door on the balcony of the spawn house, it was impossible to go true the door.
There was some kind of invisible door even when the real door was opened

-trowing a primed dynamite when airborne it turned into an un primed dynamite
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby mLy! » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:18 pm

and another: console message: player blew himself etc.. but was still alive.

and yesterday we had a player who was dead, but in the scores screen he didn't appear as dead, and we had to kick him for the round to end.
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Joe Kari » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:18 am

-on alamo tiny BR:

When defending, and opening the door on the balcony of the spawn house, it was impossible to go true the door.
There was some kind of invisible door even when the real door was opened

The real bug is: when someone has disconnected or is has been kicked, sometime he is not physicaly removed. Some other Q3-based game have this bug too :/
Joe Kari
SG Team

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel