With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Hang 'em High Lag

Postby Spanish_Broomaker » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi, I am relatively new here, first off I want to say this is a great game, it is amazingly fun! :D
Well, I just have one problem, on the map, Hang 'em High, I get some inexplicable lag.
I have a laptop with an integrated graphics card (most likely the problem), I also have Vista Home Premium (another problem?), or is it a buggy map? If not, any ideas on what the problem may be? Or if I can fix it?
PC Gaming with El Ejcovero

Yo soy: El Ejcovero
Clan Tag: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Spanish_Broomaker
Drifter

Postby Redwing » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:43 pm

Go to the Esc menu in-game and select "System". Lower some of the options there and you should be good to go. I had major problems with levels like NewTown, but after tinkering with that a bit I'm running a smooth framerate-- and that's saying something for my old Dell XP desktop here *pats computer*.
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:10 am

Howdy & welcome to the forum. I optimized Hang'em High the best I could but there's a lot of polygons in view most of the time. It would be pretty normal to get low frame rates on an older pc or one with integrated graphics I think. Try Redwing's idea & good luck!
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sparcdr » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:26 am

While integrated graphics work granted there's accelerated drivers for such, our minimal support is for dedicated Geforce 2 class video cards due to compatibility reasons. If you run with less quality but the same resolution, it should be more playable, but widescreen mode will cause major frame loss on GPUs with less than a 250MHz ramdac. The release itself was compiled and packaged on a Windows Vista x64 system, tested on Windows Vista (Both bit modes), XP SP2 (Both bit modes) and XP SP3 (Only 32-bit) with a Quadro FX 1500 (Later patch work in SVN is built tested mainly against XP SP3 and a Geforce 8600 GT / 9800 GT with version 182.20 drivers)

Note there is a bug with some NVIDIA cards and Vista/7 with OpenGL, and certainly due to faulty support from Microsoft regarding OpenGL and integrated devices which themselves do not provide the necessary libraries to replace the software renderer such results are to be expected.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby ChainLightnin' » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:47 pm

If it's any help, I had to run the pre-SA versions of the game in Windows XP compatable mode for my Nvidia card to work right with Vista. The SA seems to work just fine however.
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby sparcdr » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:56 pm

That's because it was upgraded and built against a newer compiler, one that works natively on Vista and has support for it. I'm glad to hear it works for you.
sparcdr
SG Team

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel