With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Nice picture to fix..

Postby Lucky Bro » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi,

First of all:
I hope this topic will be removed after the fix will be applied..

So, the trouble:
This picture The top of the site logo has two mirrored pistols.
I never saw these pistols in real life, but I can say for sure - the second one (to the right) is wrong one. And it is not about strange "S". It is about the gun's barrel.
There is no mirror, so it should be fixed.

I'm not much of a designer, so I can't do this job. But I think there is a lot of pardners who can.
"to be fixed" :)

I like the logo, just want it to be more realistic. The logo is first thing that newcomers to see :)
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Re: Nice picture to fix..

Postby DeUgli » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:49 pm

Lucky Bro wrote:I never saw these pistols in real life, but I can say for sure - the second one (to the right) is wrong one. And it is not about strange "S". It is about the gun's barrel.There is no mirror, so it should be fixed.

I always thought it was a subtle historical reference to the famous reversed image of Billy The Kid which led people to think he was left-handed. :lol:
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Re: Nice picture to fix..

Postby Redwing » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:26 pm

DeUgli wrote:
Lucky Bro wrote:I never saw these pistols in real life, but I can say for sure - the second one (to the right) is wrong one. And it is not about strange "S". It is about the gun's barrel.There is no mirror, so it should be fixed.

I always thought it was a subtle historical reference to the famous reversed image of Billy The Kid which led people to think he was left-handed. :lol:

Now that you've mentioned it why don't we just stick with that and save some trouble :lol: :lol:
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby Lucky Bro » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:53 pm

DeUgli,

Humm.. But people thought that it was Billy who was left-handed and not his special designed left-handed pistol he could have. And what is for this special left-handed gun? It is not some guitar.
And not everyone knows Billy, but almost anyone can say that the picture has defect (from those "anyones" who pay attention to picture at all).

But if it is the purpose of the second gun - than no problem, I just didn't know that :)
May be then the second gun should have the "B" letter instead of "S" or something similar to it. To make it easier to understand.. Or at least to emphasize that mirroring is made for special purpose.
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Postby Kouma » Fri May 01, 2009 2:47 am

I noticed it times ago, mainly because of the smaller unloading barrel of the gun (Colt has it in the right side of main barrel :wink: )

But

Why we don't save some trouble and leave it as it is? :)
I am Kouma and this is my shotgun. Togheter, we blow your head clean off.
Kouma
Shootist

Postby Lucky Bro » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Because it is logo? And not some picture or screenshot.
If your nick or avatar will have some defects I'm sure you'll try to fix them as soon as possible.

I own a site about CoJ BiB community and there are about 62 peoples now. I asked a lot of them to take a look at the SG. And you know what? Some of them noticed the defect too. "Looks like cheap photoshop" - the translated quote :(

So, why don't we save our logo instead of trouble, time or whatever we already have saved?

There is upcoming 1.1 SG and that would be nice present from our SG community designers, huh?

Have a good day!
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel