With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Re: New features for new players AND voting majority

Postby Lucky Bro » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:39 am

dowoshek wrote:Hello,
But I've recently noticed (twice) a sad practice on BR servers. A new players were kicked, because they simply run around and couldn't find their way to bank. It was done almost immediately without any explanation.

Hi Bestia,
Sad to hear. Really sad. It shows how cool our regular players and admins are.
To me it is honor to teach/give something and honor to learn/take something and admit it.
I agree with your idea about pointers to banks (if I remember correctly - I've created somewhere around on the forum pictures with ways to banks too (but I don't remember the topic)). And concerning votes I always thought that it is server trouble and not players. I haven't changed my mind about it (good admin and good rules instead of votes).
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Postby moRtem » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:50 am

votes are a good thing

the bigger problem we have, is that (in EU) we only got one active BR-server, where every skill-level is found - this is bad for a couple of reasons:

1) new players are dead 99% and need a long time to improve

2) skilled players are annoyed by new players who found a solution to survive: camp at hidden places

--

i guess the whole problematic would be a lot de-escalated, if there'd be one server where skill-level is rather low -- and one server where skill-level is rather high.

This usually happens to come by itself when community is big enough (and SG certainly is by now) -- i already tried to get another server active, but there's one problem:
there doesn't seem to be any other good EU-server beside jeuxlinux in terms of location and settings.

smokin-guns.fr BR ONLY would be a good one, but it got friendly fire disabled (that's why there is noone playing i suppose.. everyone i talked to is annoyed by ff disabled) -- tequila: would you mind giving it a try and enabling friendly fire?

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby dowoshek » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:12 am

So... the servers are empty because of bad settings... and the settings are bad because nobody cares about empty servers ;)

And speaking seriously, sometimes i see jeux server full and also a lot of people in vgames.eu playing DM, so maybe it's really all about settings as morTem suggested.
BTW, vgames.eu looks like a great server. I think it'd be even more popular if switched to permanent TEAMmode (TDM or BR). Team modes are always more addictive :)
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:03 pm

moRtem wrote:smokin-guns.fr BR ONLY would be a good one, but it got friendly fire disabled (that's why there is noone playing i suppose.. everyone i talked to is annoyed by ff disabled) -- tequila: would you mind giving it a try and enabling friendly fire?

I heard you and I think you're right. jeuxlinux.fr server is very popular and players on that server don't have a real alternative when something goes wrong on that server. By "something goes wrong", I mean something they don't like, like too much campers or noob ;)
So yes, I'll activate friendlyfire soon...
Tequila
SG Team

Postby moRtem » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:11 pm

dowoshek wrote:And speaking seriously, sometimes i see jeux server full and also a lot of people in vgames.eu playing DM

yes - sorry - when i wrote "jeux the only active EU-server", i meant the only active BR-server

and thanks, tequila!

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Black Jack Ketchum » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:15 pm

It would be great if VGames.eu was switched to Permanent TDM, Dm is fun to but this server always have like 16+ players online, witch results in lagging, spawn killing and a crazy tempo. But of course its up to the admin to alter hes Server.

oh, i just remembered, the other day there was some TDM Action on that server, maybe the admin has realized the problem to
The REAL Blackjack Ketchum
\/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Jack_Ketchum

[R.I.P =Cowboys From Hell= Clan]
Black Jack Ketchum
Quick Draw

Postby dowoshek » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Today vGames is working as TDM server too. But i also noticed it becomes laggy when more (16+) players are in (16, imho, should be maximum, but it needs testing).
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:03 pm

moRtem wrote:and thanks, tequila!
/quit

No problem, just done. To not confuse people, I renamed the server to:
Smokin'Frogs-BR
Let's say moRtem fragged my BR-only server :D
GG moRtem
Tequila
SG Team

Postby moRtem » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:09 pm

Tequila wrote:Let's say moRtem fragged my BR-only server :D
GG moRtem

hih -- killing-machine!

thx again, and hopefully this will get the server popular

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby SmokeyBacon » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:34 am

With the voting, the main problem I see is with the same maps being played constantly. Even 60-70% majorities still dont work against the constant chain of Durango, Mexico and Santa Cruz.

I think there should be a system in servers whereby a map cannot be played again until 3 or so other maps have been played. This way we get to play some of the other good BR maps like Cobber, Coyote Bluff, No-Name City, New Town and the lethal Hang 'Em High!
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby villa » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:06 pm

dowoshek wrote:BTW, vgames.eu looks like a great server.

thanks 8)

dowoshek wrote:I think it'd be even more popular if switched to permanent TEAMmode (TDM or BR). Team modes are always more addictive :)

done,
server.cfg@sg.vgames.eu wrote:g_gametype "3" // 0 = deathmatch, 1 = duel, 3 = team deathmatch, 4 = round teamplay, 5 = bank robbery

:wink: :wink:
vGames.eu - vGames.fr
villa
Drifter

Previous

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel