With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Binding keys to buy weapons

Postby SmokeyBacon » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:22 am

Because all the cool kids do it, I'm binding certain keys to buy certain weapons, to skip the buy menu. I've already binded the Schofield, Peacemaker and Sawnoff, but those were done with trial and error.

Could someone please tell me the names of all the weapons so I can bind them? eg: Colt Peacemaker is buy weapon_peacemaker. The main one I want is the 1866 rifle. I've tried winchester66 and all sorts of combinations to no avail.

Would appreciate some help! Thanks.
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby Tequila » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:45 am

The list, kid!
Code: Select all
weapon_winch66, weapon_lightning, weapon_sharps, weapon_gatling, weapon_remington58, weapon_schofield, weapon_peacemaker, weapon_dynamite, weapon_molotov, weapon_knife, weapon_shotgun, weapon_sawedoff, weapon_winch97

The one you want is: weapon_winch66
Tequila
SG Team

Postby dbozan99 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:11 am

Don't forget:

item_boiler_plate   -duh
item_belt           -ammo belt
ammo_bullets        -pistol ammo
ammo_cartridges     -secondary ammo
dbozan99
Pistolero

Postby SmokeyBacon » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Ah great, thank you both very much! :D
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby RailedRobin » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:55 pm

How exactly do you bind keys to buy weapons? :oops:
A bullet may have your name on it, but dynamite is addressed "to whom it may concern."
RailedRobin
Quick Draw

Postby moRtem » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:09 pm

RailedRobin wrote:How exactly do you bind keys to buy weapons? :oops:

in case you want to bind buying a schofield onto button J, you have to enter this in console:
\bind J "buy weapon_schofield"
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby torhu » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:19 pm

I just buy with the number keys on my keyboard, it's almost as fast, and you don't need one bind per item you can buy. Bind the buy command to Q, E, F4, or something, so it's closer to the number keys.

Then I press Q, 1, 2 to buy a schofield, Q, 5, 1 for boiler plate, Q, 6 for pistol ammo, etc. After a while you can do it without thinking.

But then again, maybe I'm not one of the 'cool kids'. :P
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby moRtem » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:39 am

torhu wrote:I just buy with the number keys on my keyboard

i still use the classic buy-menu *hihi*

and in fact i wouldn't even mind to use it, if it wouldn't be full of bugs (sometimes you can't close it on the normal way -- you sometimes have to quit the whole buy-menu and go back in after buying something because it wouldn't let you buy 2 items otherwise ...)

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby SmokeyBacon » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:24 pm

moRtem wrote:and in fact i wouldn't even mind to use it, if it wouldn't be full of bugs (sometimes you can't close it on the normal way -- you sometimes have to quit the whole buy-menu and go back in after buying something because it wouldn't let you buy 2 items otherwise ...)
/quit

Yes that's really annoying, the bugs also extend to the binding though. Sometimes at the start of a BR round I'm hammering away at 1 to buy a schofield to no avail, and by the time I open the buy menu, the 60 sec buy bug has kicked in! aargh

torhu wrote:But then again, maybe I'm not one of the 'cool kids'.

Dont say that, you're super cool 8)
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:40 pm

moRtem wrote:i still use the classic buy-menu *hihi*

Me too.
moRtem wrote:and in fact i wouldn't even mind to use it, if it wouldn't be full of bugs (sometimes you can't close it on the normal way -- you sometimes have to quit the whole buy-menu and go back in after buying something because it wouldn't let you buy 2 items otherwise ...)

I right-click the mouse to close the menu. Seems to work 100% of the time for me. If I can't buy 2 of the same item (knives for instance) I'll left click once somewhere away from the menu, then I find I can buy what I wanted without closing/restarting the menu.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Allied » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:30 pm

The worst "buy-bug" that happens is the 60 second one. It prevent buying altogether, while closing a menu can be annoying, you can still buy. The 60-second bug made me switch to binding keys to buying common items. Now I have Schofield, Peacemaker, and ammo belt bound because it does make it a lot faster and easier to get running.
Allied
Quick Draw

Postby SmokeyBacon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Allied wrote:The worst "buy-bug" that happens is the 60 second one. It prevent buying altogether, while closing a menu can be annoying, you can still buy. The 60-second bug made me switch to binding keys to buying common items. Now I have Schofield, Peacemaker, and ammo belt bound because it does make it a lot faster and easier to get running.

But then I find another problem in that I can get running so quickly, I leave the buy area before I've even had the chance to press all my bind keys! :lol:
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby labruja » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:03 pm

And is there a possibility to bind multiple buy on one key?
labruja
Drifter

Postby LuckyGenDago » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:48 pm

yes it is

\cg buy weapon_peacemaker +weapon_sawedoff

or something like that
[IngameName] mS.Dago
TS Admin
LuckyGenDago
Gunslinger

Postby /dev/random » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:02 pm

bind key "buy foo; buy bar"

That should work, but I didn't test it. You could use cg_buy aswell.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Next

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel