With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

awaiting snapshot

Postby labruja » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi, I've got a problem :(

I have windows 7, and when I try to connect to server, it stops on 'awaiting snapshot'. And I have no idea what's going on. My friend (with probably the same IP, we're having same internet connection) can play without problems, and says that when I try to connect, something like "Unwanted challenge" shows (he is actually playing)
It happened to me before on vista, but not so often (now it's everytime i try to play). Strange thing is, that my friend can play, but i can't even plan if he's not. Also before, sometimes, I could've played (on vista), and he (on xp) couldn't (yet his game was not connecting at all, it was counting all the time, and i could see message 'unwanted challenge').
Any ideas? I didn't find anything on the forum :(
labruja
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Does it happen on one server or all servers? It seems to happen when the server changes maps at the same time you connect. If it happens, try reconnecting a few seconds later.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby labruja » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:31 pm

i'm sure it's not changing map, it happens all the time.

Now I finally connected with other server. This one's still out.
Yet on this other servers, I may predict it'll happen sometimes, when I play with my friend.
labruja
Drifter

Postby moRtem » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:25 pm

in case you play with version 1.0, try 1.1 -- otherwise try 1.0

these two versions are very different, so there is a good chance using the other version will fix the problem

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby labruja » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:39 pm

doesn't work
labruja
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:47 am

This may not solve your Windows7 issue, but...

If you are sharing a connection & both of you want to play at the same time, you need to modify your shortcuts for SG. Right click it & choose properties. Then add +set net_port 27661 to the target line. Note the space before the + sign. Don't forget to click APPLY.
[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/19_shortcut_2.jpg][timg]19_shortcut_2.jpg[/timg][/thumb]
Your friend needs to do the same thing, but choose a different net_port. Like 27662 or something.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:10 pm

If I recall correctly, net_port is only used in dedicated mode. Internally, ioQuake automatically choses a qport, which is randomized at startup and can not be set manually.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby labruja » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:31 pm

but it works ;) For now, at least
labruja
Drifter

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel