With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Mouse problems

Postby Holliday DDS » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:23 am

Was just wondering if anyone has had problems with their mouse buttons sticking on while playing? I just got a new Razer. I'm not sure if its a problem with the mouse or some setting in the game or what. I don't have any problems in windows. If no one else has had this problem, I'm gonna send it back for a new one, but I don't want to send it back if that isn't the problem.
Holliday DDS
Drifter

Re: Mouse problems

Postby Tequila » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:49 am

Holliday DDS wrote:Was just wondering if anyone has had problems with their mouse buttons sticking on while playing?

Can you explain a little more what happens ?
Are you using stable 1.0 engine or current beta v1.1b2 ? on Windows ?
Was you playing locally or on online server ? Do you have the same problem in that 2 cases ?
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:45 pm

Any does it only happen while playing Smokin' Guns? i.e. does it happen in other games, web browsers, etc?

Also, are you using a labtop? I know its slilly, but maybe you are touching the touchpad with your left hand. The new mouse could have changed your posture position, thus causing you to touch your touchpad occasionally.

Lastly, some mice require drivers for the added functionality (adjustable DPI and such). I am not sure if the Razor requires drivers, but make sure you install them if need be.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:11 am

Do you mean the buttons seem to remain in clicked state? I never experienced that. Had some problems with simultanous clicks and sensitivity, but apart from that everything works fine.
Under Ubuntu I had to use evdev as the mouse driver, since the default one felt just plain wrong with my Razer Diamondback. I can not adjust sens on the fly with the extra buttons under linux at all, but the default one is fine for me :)
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Holliday DDS » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:53 am

I'm playing in 1.0. Not sure if it happens in single player mode as I only play online. Yes I am on a laptop, but there is a button to shut off the touchpad. So, that isn't it. I have the latest drivers from Razer. Happened before I updated them also, so rolling them back isn't an option. I use mouse button 1 for walking/running forward. sometimes when i let go of the button. my guy is still going. I suspect that it is just a problem with the mouse, but I wanted to see if there may be others who have had an issue before I blamed it on Razer... Thanks guys.
Holliday DDS
Drifter

Postby Sucalakafufu » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:30 am

ive had buttons "stick" before... for example: i have had the experience of moving sideways and letting go of the movement button but still moving.. after tapping the button a little i stopped moving.

same for weapons. i have had my weapons shot without me clicking the mouse. and my character will continue trying to shoot until i tap that mouse button a few times. im not sure what causes this but it seems to happen more when i lag a bit :)
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:19 am

An easy way to prove the mouse might be defective is to hook it up to another computer.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Holliday DDS » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:28 am

Good idea Red! I'll do that before I send it back. Thanks
Holliday DDS
Drifter

Postby /dev/random » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:30 pm

Sucalakafufu wrote:im not sure what causes this but it seems to happen more when i lag a bit :)

This could indeed be caused by packet loss. If I recall correctly, some events require the client to sent a "keyup" command to the server.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Sucalakafufu » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:33 pm

/dev/random wrote:
Sucalakafufu wrote:im not sure what causes this but it seems to happen more when i lag a bit :)

This could indeed be caused by packet loss. If I recall correctly, some events require the client to sent a "keyup" command to the server.

yup and i do think its when most of my campus is on facebook :P haha which does indicate it could very likely be packetloss :(
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby /dev/random » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:44 pm

Try to set cl_packetdup to a higher value. Or use QoS for Smokin' Guns :D
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel