With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Everytime the same... :/

Postby Juaro Juarez » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Hey guys i got some point on the gameplay at Jeuxlinux, or other Bank Robbery servers, i guess in the last week 70% of all games were played on Mexico or Durango. And its really getting on my nerves(i guess on other guys's nerves,too ;D ). Can there be something done like: No more Durango and Mexico voteS? Or just No more mapvotes? I don't know what can be done or if there have to be sth done, i just remind you that its harrassing ;D.

YOurs-
Juaro
-nox-Juaro-

Admin on Jeuxlinux.
Juaro Juarez
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby SmokeyBacon » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:19 am

It can be annoying yes. The worst is when players join a match and then straight away call map votes. It's very distruptive for the game. And the endless cycle of Durango and Mexico is very infuriating.

Donnie disabled votes on jeux not long ago to combat this problem but people complained and now it is back. I say disable map votes, and create a map cycle that everyone agrees on:
ie Durango, Cobber, Dawnfort, El Paso, Santa Cruz, Farm, Mexico, Alamo.

That, or create a system whereby a map cannot be voted for again until at least 2 other maps have been played since it was last used. Durango whores could circumvent this by voting nextmap twice then calling for durango, but I'm sure by that time people would have been fed up and kicked the person responsible.
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby torhu » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:44 am

How about just having a server with callvote disabled?
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Juaro Juarez » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:02 am

Good point, but i think there would be too many guys like Portugues and so on( tk'ing thw whole time) on the servers.
-nox-Juaro-

Admin on Jeuxlinux.
Juaro Juarez
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby moRtem » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:16 am

Juaro Juarez wrote:Good point, but i think there would be too many guys like Portugues and so on( tk'ing thw whole time) on the servers.

indeed

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby mLy! » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:52 pm

Sadly, SG does not have the option to disable only mapvotes
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:40 pm

mLy! wrote:Sadly, SG does not have the option to disable only mapvotes

As far as I have seen, callvote has been used for only two things: 1) callvote kick and 2) callvote map. As you know, there is currently a cvar to disable callvote kick.

SmokeyBacon wrote:That, or create a system whereby a map cannot be voted for again until at least 2 other maps have been played since it was last used.

That would be cool. It wouldn't be half bad if people used callvote nextmap instead of always calling the same old maps.

(BTW, I rarely play Durango because I have overplayed it. This is not a new problem)

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Juaro Juarez » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:01 pm

I agree with SMokey's Saying, sounds really good to me.
If that can be fulfilled this would be cool, but i think at the moments guys like tequila and so on, who got the rights for Jeuxlinux or busy with some other stuff atm.
But it would be a cool idea, because sometimes Durango is played 3 times a row and thats really...... you can think it yourself.
Also i agree with changing the map order so that nexmap on newtown or Dawnfort isnt Durango or Maxico :D(i said those maps because they're voted off most of the time :( )
SO i mostly agree with Smokey :D
-nox-Juaro-

Admin on Jeuxlinux.
Juaro Juarez
Jeuxlinux Admin

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel