With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

No Servers Listed

Postby Sawdust » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi, I was able to play Smoking Guns once after downloading it a few weeks ago, but since the second time running the program, the list of servers to join is empty no matter what I try.
Does anyone know what might be wrong? Thanks.
Sawdust
Newcomer

Postby Pardner » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:33 pm

Welcome to the SG forums!

Smokin' Guns still uses the original Quake3 browser, and it still checks the master Q3 server list. Try using a third party browser such as Monster Browser (made by our very own torhu):
Link

If this does not work, make sure that Smokin' Guns isn't being blocked by a firewall either on your computer or on a router.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby RailedRobin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:36 pm

You could try using the program Monster Browser. I had a similar problem, where I wouldn't be able to see what servers where online, and I think this had something to do with my connection and trying to find servers in Smokin' Guns, but if I run Monster Browser I have no such problems. (Well, lately I've had, but I just keep hitting the refresh button until it seems fine. It's my connection that's bad...)
A bullet may have your name on it, but dynamite is addressed "to whom it may concern."
RailedRobin
Quick Draw

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel