With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Is it possible to use X-Box 360 controller in SG?

Postby Gene » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Is it possible to use X-Box 360 controller in SG?
Gene
Newcomer

Postby /dev/random » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:44 am

I guess so. If you have a working driver for it. Maybe you need to configure it to behave as mouse or keyboard. IoQuake only has additional support for Joysticks (and I've never tested that).
Ingame, try to see whether keybinds work in the controls menu, simply test whether you can apply your controller's buttons :)
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:48 am

I used to play Q3 with a PC game pad. I used the "Joystick" key mapping, so I would imaging Smokin' Guns wouldn't be any different. Try it, if it works it works, if not oh well. (Note: I have heard of people using xbox controllers on PC but they don't have a second analog stick. This might have changed since then)

Pardner
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:21 am

Yes the xbox 360 controller works with windows and games that support it. If you are running vista or windows 7 it will install the 360 controller drivers for you when you plug the controller in.

See this pagefor more details and software download for other versions of windows.

As far as the controller working with SG, I have no clue. Games for windows that work with the controller have built in support for it, SG does not have built in support for the 360 controller. You might be able to map the controller buttons but I have never tried it, I don't game on PC anymore..
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel