With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

mouse problems - gets stuck at slow movement

Postby SolidFake » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:52 pm

Hy again,
have a new problem:
When I play the game, my mouse gets stuck at slow movement speeds. I'm moving the mouse very slow but the cursor doesn't move.
I have a Logitech G9 and I'm using SetPoint Software for it. I have entered the game in the list for sure but also with turned off software, I get the same problems.
I already had the same problem in another game I play frequently, called Warsow. Warsow is build up on the quake fusion engine, so I guess it is a common problem with id engines (or at least the q2/3 and familiar engines).
I solved the problem back there by starting the exe in administration mode and later I put into my games list in steam and when I started it from there, it worked like a charm too.
Whatever, I didn't get the problems later as it seems that they did something to prevent that errors.
But in Smokin'Guns I tried to start it with administration mode, which didn't work.
The steam starting method worked though.
The only problem I have:
I can't start it with steam, as I can't see any servers in the normal server browser like I described already in another topic, I need to use MonsterBrowser to see servers.
And I really don't want to copy the ip of the servers each time, starting Smokin'Guns over steam and write the ip in the specify section.

Any ideas?
SolidFake
Drifter

Postby /dev/random » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Could you post some mouse related cvars? Like in_mouse, sensitivity, cl_mouseAccel, m_filter.
I assume you're using Windows? Which version of SG?
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby SolidFake » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:13 pm

inmouse 1
sensitivity 5
cl_mouseAccel 0
m_filter 1
Windows Vista
the latest, 1.1b4

But I don't think that this has something todo with the ingame settings, as I already said, because it works when I start the game inside of steam
SolidFake
Drifter

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:24 pm

@SolidFake: i have similar mouse issues sometimes with my mouse (a Logitech G7 with SetPoint). i dont believe its anything to do with the SetPoint technology as it does it with SetPoint on or off. It seems that the problem doesn't even lie with SG. The problem seems to be the way ioquake3 handles mouse input (which is using the SDL.dll). I suggest trying out a different SDL.dll besides the one that is packaged with the betas. It seemed to help me a bit (but its still not solved just to let you know). I still have laggy mouse input at times but at least i can move :)
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby SolidFake » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:50 pm

sadly didn't change anything :/
SolidFake
Drifter

Postby SolidFake » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:29 am

a, well
it's definitely NOT my mouse or my mouse-software, as I play on a notebook and I started smokin'guns without mouse and software just with that touchpad and I still had the problem
So it probably has something todo with mouse input

btw, don't want to open another thread for that, but sometimes the music gets stuck ingame or in the menu
SolidFake
Drifter

Postby moRtem » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:29 pm

about mouse - try setting in_mouse -1
about sound - try setting s_useOpenAL 0

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby SolidFake » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:53 pm

moRtem wrote:about mouse - try setting in_mouse -1

that worked, thanks :)

moRtem wrote:about sound - try setting s_useOpenAL 0