With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Getting kicked for no reason

Postby Sardonicus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:38 pm

I just discovered this game a few days ago and so far have been having lots of fun getting butchered by the pros as i try to gain experience. Today however, when i tried manyl times to join a certain deathmatch server which had only 5/20 players i keep getting kicked for no reason and when i ask for a reason the only response i get is "LOL" Now I realize this is a free game and lots of fun so I really have no right to complain, but it seems to me that newcomers should be welcomed and encouraged and not made to feel like intruders... If it was a private game among a circle of friends then i would have left willingly had someone just asked... anyway, that's all I wanted to say. I still have a couple hours before I have to go to work but I no longer feel like playing. Maybe I'll try again on another day.

~peace
Sardonicus
Drifter

Postby /dev/random » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:53 pm

You can't really blame the developers or anyone on this forum. Even if this game weren't free, how could you complain? It's the players' fault, not anyone else's. This happens in other games aswell.
In such situations the best behavior is to either keep asking or simply join another server. If you want to, try finding the responsible admin for that server.

Anyways, welcome and continue enjoying this fantastic game :)
Last edited by /dev/random on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Juaro Juarez » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Just ignore some stuff like that...there are always kind of players like this.

And, can you remember of any certain names?
So maybe to know when you meet those cowards again...
-nox-Juaro-

Admin on Jeuxlinux.
Juaro Juarez
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Pardner » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:52 pm

As you gain experience you will also recognize the players that are fun to play with. You will also learn to recognize which players are admins and moderators on the server. If you ever have trouble on a server, try to find an admin or a moderator and they will do something about it.

Welcome to Smokin' Guns!

Pardner
SG Team

Postby dowoshek » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:10 pm

Too much tolerance for (mostly childish) assholes and not enough possibilities implemented in the game for punishing them. OTOH, I'm always amazed why sick players (like Talha for example) and similar permanent trolls, teamkillers, voters are still tolerated by our small community and left unpunished. Clear rules, reasonable admin, 2 kicks and ban - a straight way to order.
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby Sardonicus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Hey, thanks for the replies and the the encouragement fellas. And no worries, I have no intention of letting a few pissy children stop me from enjoying this excellent game. See you online sometime and hopefully by then I won't be such an easy kill :)

~peace
Sardonicus
Drifter

Postby Juaro Juarez » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:44 pm

@dowoshek
Ehmm i heard sth that those Guys like Talha,Burak have some weird Dsl's and are unable to ban(i just heard some stuff like That)
-nox-Juaro-

Admin on Jeuxlinux.
Juaro Juarez
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby moRtem » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Juaro Juarez wrote:@dowoshek
Ehmm i heard sth that those Guys like Talha,Burak have some weird Dsl's and are unable to ban(i just heard some stuff like That)

currently yes -- in future probably not.

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby moRtem » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Haris2201 wrote:then you must ban this ip: 123.456.78 and they can't join anymore =))1

Just like 252 (potential) other players.

But: German ISPs usually got a lot bigger IP-pools.

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel