With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Can't get single player to work - still goes to server

Postby CPPIERCE » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:36 am

New to here. Would like to practice some before going against anybody. Click single player, but it takes me to server and says "waiting on players". Reset to defaults (as suggested in earlier post about single player),but no deal. Thanks for any assistance.
CPPIERCE
Newcomer

Postby Pardner » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:22 pm

Our single player is identical to the multiplayer. The difference is that you the player is hosting the server. If you select single player, your server does not accept other connections, but if you select multiplayer it can accept other connections (in layman terms).

To set up a single player game, select "Single Player" (the single pistol), and you will see a screen like this:

1. Select Gametype
    • Deathmatch
    • Duel
    • Round Team Play
    • Team Deathmatch
    • Bank Robbery
  2. Select Map
  3. Select players and bots
    • If you see "waiting for players" try adding bots to the game. You can also do this via in game menu (default is ESC).
    • Since you are playing single player, you only need to have 1 Human spot and the rest can be filled with bots.
  4. Select options
  5. Fight!

Pardner
SG Team

Thank you !!!

Postby CPPIERCE » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:42 am

Work perfect. I thank you so much !!!!

Now, if I can only figure out how to get out of the room !!! Most games, you hit either E or space bar. Neither work, and looking at controls, don't see anything about "Use" .
CPPIERCE
Newcomer

Postby Pardner » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:47 am

Default is "F"

Pardner
SG Team

Postby joewolz » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:50 pm

Hey folks, I'm new around here and I'm having a similar problem. I can't get out of spectator mode when trying to start a single player game. I can follow around all I want, but I don't get to fight. It's frustrating. Any ideas?
joewolz
Newcomer

Postby Pardner » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Sounds like you have started either a Bank Robbery match or a Round Team Play match. In order to join the fight you first need to pick a team:

Once in a team game match, press ESC to bring up the in game menu and click JOIN, then choose your team like this:

This might be something we need to add to the SG user manual
Pardner
SG Team

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel