With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

How do people see my ip address on sg?

Postby romanrp » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:51 am

On most servers, people seem to know my ip address, how do they do this and how can i stop them from seeing my ip adress as I dont want to get the ping of death.Thanks! :D
romanrp
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:19 am

I don't know if the average player can see your IP or not, but server admins certainly can. Admins need this function, so even if I knew a way around it (& I don't) I wouldn't tell.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Bodie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:44 am

If you don't want to be attacked, you should secure your computer properly with a firewall. You can't hide forever.
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Pardner » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:15 pm

Anytime to connect to anything using either your Ethernet or your Wifi, the device you are connecting to will have your IP. This is just the way internet protocal goes (I'm not an expert by no means). Weither you connect to a website (like Smokin' Guns or this one) or to the SG game servers.

Only admins on our site are allowed to see your IP address and only admins on the game server are allowed to see your IP address. This is mainly used for misbehavior punishment (cheats, teamkills, verbal abuse, spam, etc).

Pardner
SG Team

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel