With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Shut down

Postby a.k47 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:42 pm

hey there...
i have another problem(again)...:)
the problem is the following one: sometimes, when i play smoki', the game shut down itself for no reason, especially on ballerbude...when i want to restart it thers an error message which says: the last time you run smokin' guns, the sreenoptions have changed. would you like to keep them?

any idea what to do?

regards
a.k47

P.S. I reinstalled the game 5 times...i use the 1.b4 version...i use windows...
in game: -=LWa.k47=-
admin on:
-Jeuxlinux
-smokin'guns.org BR
-smokin'guns.org Mixed
a.k47
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby torhu » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:59 pm

This happens just to give you the option to fix the problem if SG isn't able to start at all. Unfortunately, the feature is not very refined. It probably shouldn't show you a dialog box if you are able to load a map and play for a while. Just press the "No" button.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Biondo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:01 am

Same problem here. I have random crashes since I upgraded to SG 1.1b4. The problem is that SG simply shuts down without a single message that could help to debug (identify) the cause.

It can happen that there's no crash in a week, or 2-3 crashes in 1 hour.
I know that also other members of my clan have the same problem. In our experience, the client crash is more likely to happen in a crowded server. We play almost only in Baller Bude, Special Bude, and Terra Nova.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby a.k47 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Yes Biondo,
it's more on Ballerbude, always when i have 28 kills or sth like that...its annoying, 'cause i do not win the game at all.
@torhu: when i click at the no button, i have to rechange my settings again...it's a lot of work and it does not seem to solve the problem..
so any idea what could be done?

best regards
a.k47
admin on:
-Jeuxlinux
-smokin'guns.org BR
-smokin'guns.org Mixed
a.k47
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Biondo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:46 pm

a.k47, when I click NO, I haven't to reconfig anything. Strange.
What I'd like to have is a "talking client", that logs any error/crash/fault with enough details. But I suppose that this would mean a lot of code rewrite.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby moRtem » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Biondo wrote:a.k47, when I click NO, I haven't to reconfig anything. Strange.
What I'd like to have is a "talking client", that logs any error/crash/fault with enough details. But I suppose that this would mean a lot of code rewrite.

g_log games.log
g_logsync 1

(this two settings at least do some sort of log)

Unfortunately this logfile-writing is buffered, which means, it only gets written to a file, once the buffer is full, or the game gets closed.

SG1.1b4 should basically also support g_logfilesync 2 or g_logsync which allows unbuffered logs (logs get written immediately - this would probably help to find out what's happening right before the crash).
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Biondo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:16 am

moRtem wrote:SG1.1b4 should basically also support g_logfilesync 2 or g_logsync which allows unbuffered logs (logs get written immediately - this would probably help to find out what's happening right before the crash).

Thank you, moRtem. I'll try it.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby a.k47 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:01 pm

ehmm...sry to ask again, but does anybody have an idea why the game shutdown?? Or how to fix that problem???

best regards

a.k47
admin on:
-Jeuxlinux
-smokin'guns.org BR
-smokin'guns.org Mixed
a.k47
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Biondo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Until today, I have no idea why the game crashes.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby Bart202 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:41 am

Maybe try to use it as admin.
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby /dev/random » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:41 pm

moRtem wrote:SG1.1b4 should basically also support g_logfilesync 2 or g_logsync which allows unbuffered logs

There's no such setting. g_logSync is either "0" (meaning g_log will be buffered) or != "0" (meaning unbuffered). Any value other than 0 is treated equally, being it "1", "2" or "42".

Maybe you're referring to the "logfile" cvar? This one has a setting of "2" for unbuffered writing, but it controls the "qconsole.log" of the engine (whereas the g_log one is part of the gamecode).
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby a.k47 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Bart202 wrote:Maybe try to use it as admin.

ehmm Bart, you already know, that i use the windows xp machine aren't you?? There is no thing to use as admin:D

regards
a.k47
admin on:
-Jeuxlinux
-smokin'guns.org BR
-smokin'guns.org Mixed
a.k47
Jeuxlinux Admin

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar