With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

no make file

Postby bobalong » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:31 am

Howdy
I just downloaded the newest version of smokin, read the instructions for Linux, which said to run make from downloaded, expanded folder. There is no make file in that or any other folder? Now what? I had downloaded SG from the Deb Game site a few months back, but i had reloaded my OS and when i had gone back to Deb games, SG was gone. So i came here and had downloaded the newest unofficial version.
Thanks fro any help you can provide.
I miss SG.
Bob Along
bobalong
Newcomer

Re: no make file

Postby Pardner » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:58 pm

I thought the new beta came with some limux binaries, have you tried them? The make file will not come in the beta package. This package is mostly content and pre-compiled binaries (win,mac,linux). If you need to make your own binaries, you will need to checkout a copy of the source code from our Source Forge project. If you downloaded the 1.1b5, you might be headed for trouble as this requires 1.0. You will need to install 1.0 first, update to 1.1b5, then (if necessary) compile 1.1 binaries.

For more infor on updateing to our betas:
This thread
This video
Pardner
SG Team

Re: no make file

Postby Biondo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:51 pm

bobalong, Pardner, 1.1b5 is a full SG download, not an update as 1.1b4 was. So you only have to download the package from here http://www.moddb.com/games/smokin-guns/downloads, unpack it wherever you like, and, in Linux, run smokinguns.i386 (in Windows, smokinguns.exe).
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel