With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

help with smokinguns/sg_textures0.pk3

Postby kyle » Tue May 08, 2012 2:20 am

hello, i am new to the game but do enjoy what i can play, i am haveing two issues
one i try to join the paladin servers the one with no bots, and it says i have to download smokinguns/sg_textures0.pk3 , could some one please tell me where to download this and also how to install

2nd problem is some of the games i join with bots its all black and white texturing is this normal? other servers do not do it, pleaZse help :)
kyle
Newcomer

Re: help with smokinguns/sg_textures0.pk3

Postby TheDoctor » Tue May 08, 2012 9:01 am

Both problems are related. You don't have files the server requires you to have.

To which server do you actually want to connect? Which SG Version do you actually run (SG1.0, SG1.1.b4, SG1.1b5a, SG1.1RC1, SG1.1RC2)?

If you want to connect to Baller Bude, Special Bude or Terra Nova, follow the advice contained in this post. Other SG.10 servers such as Jeuxlinux might work thereafter. Other non-SG1.0 servers probably won't work! It all depends which version you have and where you want to connect to.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby kyle » Tue May 08, 2012 9:04 pm

my version is 1.1b4, i tried that on the other thread. still need the pk3 files, also does any one play this game becouse i never see actual users just bots in the rooms..
kyle
Newcomer

Postby Biondo » Tue May 08, 2012 9:25 pm

kyle, download new release: http://forum.smokin-guns.org/ It's a standalone release, don't overwrite old files, leave it alone in a new folder.

You have to know that lately SG had to front a series of adverse situations that mined it's users' base. But it'll resurrect. Be confident, and ... meet you in game ;)
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby TheDoctor » Tue May 08, 2012 11:41 pm

kyle wrote:my version is 1.1b4, i tried that on the other thread.

As we figured out together, the problem was on Baller Bude's end. The damn variable that tells your client what files are requested, resetted itself after each new map. Of course I tested the setup, but seems, only on the first map. After that, my client had all the necessary files.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel