With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Sometimes there is a lagg on Ballerbude

Postby Bart202 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:54 pm

Hey :)

I noticed some laggs on Ballerbude, just when more servers of Doctor are used with a lots of players. Is there a way to prevent that ? Thank you for your support :twisted:
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Re: Sometimes there is a lagg on Ballerbude

Postby /dev/random » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:23 pm

At what time of the day (and which timezone) was this?

Assuming it wasn't your PC lagging (fps drops) due to the number of players, only Doc can do something about it server-side.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby TheDoctor » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:49 pm

That's a difficult topic, because lags can have so many sources. On the other hand, BB is a free offer and thus, some things cannot be so easily changed, e.g. the host, services on the same host or the network link. The network link is even shared, which could explain problems during core working hours.

From a different viewpoint, in the evenings, when I (used to) play, BB usually performed very stable. Even then, a few people claimed to have problems, but if they're not experienced by everyone on the server, they are not caused by the server.

Summary: This will be hard to solve, given some things cannot be changed. Unless somebody steps up offering a high performance server for BB, I don't think the situation will improve.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Bart202 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:37 pm

I just noticed that during the day (afternoon, morning? german time cet)
Sometimes on Ballerbude you can't see your opponent and it lags like 1 time he is there and then he isn't there anymore. Like he is there but it isn't showing to you.

I just wanted to ask why that could be sometimes like that and maybe if there would be a way but I saW the world is to slowly atm :evil:

P.S My pc can't be the problem of the lags .. just a new model :mrgreen:

Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby Barto » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:06 pm

I know what you're thinking. "What are those lags coming from?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost my patience. But there is a anti-cheat system, the most powerful anti-wallhack in the world, which would blow any cheater's head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I know how to use Internet?" Well, do you, punk?

In some shorter words, have a look there.
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Bart202 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:08 pm

No but maybe others ... just stop starting accousing trouble .. :?

Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby TheDoctor » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:50 am

Bart202 wrote:Sometimes on Ballerbude you can't see your opponent and it lags like 1 time he is there and then he isn't there anymore. Like he is there but it isn't showing to you.

If you experiencing players appearing out of thin air, you either have a high ping or packet loss - or both.

Regarding your original report of lagginess, I did shut down Special Bude temporarily to save CPU resources on thursday night and I installed a strict bandwidth limitation for the webserver running on BB's host on friday night. Please test, whether these provisions helped to improve your situation.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Biondo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:54 am

Bart202 wrote:Sometimes on Ballerbude you can't see your opponent

I have to confirm Bart202 words. Lately (maybe in last 5-6 days) I occasionally noticed that you can hear your opponent close to you, without being able to see him, until you get killed. Very strange, never happened before. Don't know if it's a problem related to BallerBude or to SG 1.1.

Off topic: in XQF, BallerBude stats almost disappeared (can't see who is playing and most part of server details).
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby TheDoctor » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:46 am

Biondo wrote:Off topic: in XQF, BallerBude stats almost disappeared (can't see who is playing and most part of server details).
I restarted the server and now that is working again.

Biondo wrote:Lately (maybe in last 5-6 days) I occasionally noticed that you can hear your opponent close to you, without being able to see him, until you get killed. Very strange, never happened before. Don't know if it's a problem related to BallerBude or to SG 1.1.
Try to observe whether these problems happen always in the same situations, for example, the last time we had problems, whenever bots touched doors. Try to record a demo of your problems.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby /dev/random » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Biondo wrote:Off topic: in XQF, BallerBude stats almost disappeared (can't see who is playing and most part of server details).

Seems like XQF or its qstat configuration does not play well with some of the recent ioquake3 updates.
I don't have XQF installed, so I can't help you there. If I were you, I'd try whether querying a SG server directly via qstat yields usable results.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Bart202 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:17 pm

My review means that the laggs are much better now but nothing is laggfree :)

Bart202
Gunslinger

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel