With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Mac Download- Cannot find Game.

Postby Cosmiclynx » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:21 am

I got the Mac version, opened up the folder, but I can't locate the game itself. I feel really stupid, but i'm really frustrated. Any help?
Cosmiclynx
Newcomer

Re: Mac Download- Cannot find Game.

Postby Cosmiclynx » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:29 am

All I get is a bunch of .exe files that I (obviously) cannot open. I need this answered soon.
Cosmiclynx
Newcomer

Postby yankeedoodle » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:10 am

Are there still developers of this game online?
Why can't they just make an easy mac version of this game which is just
download and play.
yankeedoodle
Drifter

Postby TheDoctor » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:01 pm

There aren't any developers left who own an Apple computer. However, some skilled SG enthusiasts attempted to cross-compile the Smokin'Guns executables on Linux for MAC OS X.

You would need to download and extract the OS independent archive, which, as you figured out, does not include MAC OS X executables. Then you would need to copy MAC OS X executables provided by someone else into that folder.

Read these threads:

Smokin'Guns is open source. When in doubt, compile the executable and provide an installer yourself. In case you object that you don't know how to do that - well, the same holds for me, too.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby TheDoctor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Bumping this post to notify you of a new Smokin' Guns .DMG file for installation on MAC OS X. If you never got SG working or are interested to test this file, give it a try and give us feedback in the above post.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel