With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Mouse is lagging.

Postby Furkan! » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Since few days i have the problem that my mouse is lagging in SG, when i open it.. The mouse lagg is just in sg. I tryied it to deinstall it but it doesnt work..
Help meee.!
Furkan!
Newcomer

Re: Mouse is lagging.

Postby Tequila » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi Furkan! and welcome around !

have you read this old Mouse Sensitivity topic ? This topic is still relevant with current SG version and may help you to find a work-around for your case.

About your case, don't forget to tell us what is your platform, the used SG version (I guess this is 1.1) and eventually what hardware you have ! Can you also remember if you made something special on your computer since the last time you were not in trouble with your mouse ? This may be a software installation (a game, a system update/upgrade or whatever), a change in your hardware, too much coffee by day eventually ;) Also tell us if the problem is the same off-line when playing locally against one bot ?
:twisted:

Join Smokin'Guns Return room on Discord
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Furkan! » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:52 pm

hello, thx for quick anwser :)
My SG version : 1.1
ram 4gb
Hd Intel 4000
and no i have this mouse since few months

im playing 1.1 since 1 year and i dont do anything, i just updatet my pc to windows 8.1, but i dont know if it was after or before that begin to mouse lag. and before i updated i had win 8.. But i dont think that its cause of win 8.1

and i think you dont understand me so right,
My mouse is lagging when i Open SG, not when im going into a game :)
after i start SG, just my mouse is lagging..
and it is not cause of the sensivity because, it is everytime other lagging, sometimes its okay for few seconds but then its lagging again
Furkan!
Newcomer

Postby Biondo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:41 pm

This happened to me too, years ago (in Linux). If only I could be able to recall what was causing it.

My favourite answer, useful in any case, is ... disable OpenAl :D or wait for a more authoritative solution.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby JippiJaYeah » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:35 am

In game: JippieJaYeah aka TheFlyingChicken
http://www.lameclan.org
JippiJaYeah
Drifter

Postby TheDoctor » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:33 pm

SG is based on the IOQuake3-engine, thus technology-wise very related to other games based on this engine, such as OpenArena and others. You may use this relationship to solve technical problems by looking for solutions in these games.

For example, there seems to be many post related to ioquake3, windows-8.1 and the in_mouse variable of the configuration:
http://www.google.de/search?q=ioquake3+windows-8.1+in_mouse

For instance, it has been suggested to set
seta in_mouse -1

Please provide feedback, if you find a working solution, so we, the community, learn from you.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Furkan! » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanky you very much Doc! :)
after i wrote this in console, it was working ! :)

But now i have the problem that my mouse (also my Laptops mousepad) is freezed when i am minimize SG... and it is working after 20-30 sec.. i mean now is everything okay when i am playing , but my mouse is freezing when i minimize the game.. should i install the new mouse driver or you you know how i can fix it ? :)

It is just freezing when i press ALT+tab , i think this is the right because i dont know in english :D when i close the game everyything is okay..
Furkan!
Newcomer

Postby JippiJaYeah » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:06 pm

@Doc, Furkan:

I got the same problem with windows 8.1 and mouse lagging.

The solution is inside the link i wrote above - this works!
In game: JippieJaYeah aka TheFlyingChicken
http://www.lameclan.org
JippiJaYeah
Drifter

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel