With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

map loading failure

Postby a.k47 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:07 pm

hey guys,

i have a tiny problem with my map download and play thing. i cannot play the pk3 files i downloaded...Don't know why, some years ago I could.

would be cool if you could help a little

cya
in game: -=LWa.k47=-
admin on:
-Jeuxlinux
-smokin'guns.org BR
-smokin'guns.org Mixed
a.k47
Jeuxlinux Admin

Re: map loading failure

Postby Barto » Mon May 27, 2019 10:32 pm

First put your pk3 file in the correct directory. Normally it should be in the smokinguns/ subdirectory with all other *.pk3 files.

Then, have a look at the content of the pk3 file (it's actually a zip file, so rename it zip and have a peek in it). You should only get the name of the bsp file in there; it is located in the maps subdirectory.

Then, from the game, just run in the console (open/close it with Shift+Escape):
/map mapname

Where mapname is the file name of the bsp file you got earlier, no need to add the .bsp extension here.

Normally, to have the map available in the menus, people should create a cfg file in the maps directory in the pk3. Sadly, it is an easy step that is always way too easy to miss.

Hope it helps!
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel