With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Can we educate our bots please??

Moderator: Aerasol

Help with source code of bots!

Postby [PTR]Manoel Victor » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:58 am

First hello to all!
What number should I put the bots to speak the name of the player or bot who killed him?
I tried the number 0, and there death_praise death_inlsult?
Sometimes they make mistakes, and do not speak the name of the player who killed them, speak of another.
For example, I killed him and then he tells me sometimes that I kill, but sometimes wrong,speaks to the instead Manoel Victor, he speaks SG Player, for example, depending on who you play.
Oh, and how do I get him to talk to instead the name all together, for example, they talk manoelvictor,well,all together, and my nickname is actually [PTR]Manoel Victor.
How well do they speak?
Already waiting for help.
[PTR]Manoel Victor
Quick Draw

Re: Help with source code of bots!

Postby Pardner » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:25 pm

Manoel Victor wrote:What number should I put the bots to speak the name of the player or bot who killed him?
I tried the number 0, and there death_praise death_inlsult?

Yes, 0 is the name of the person that killed the bot:
Code: Select all
   type "death_insult" //insult initiated when the bot died

{   

"How about that. ", 0, " CAN pull a trigger!";

"Dang it! Why do I have to be here when ", 0, " gets a lucky shot off!";

DEATH_INSULT2;

// 0 = enemy name

} //end type

Manoel Victor wrote:Sometimes they make mistakes, and do not speak the name of the player who killed them, speak of another.
For example, I killed him and then he tells me sometimes that I kill, but sometimes wrong,speaks to the instead Manoel Victor, he speaks SG Player, for example, depending on who you play.

You may have run into a bug as most servers have bot chat off because they tend to talk too much.

Manoel Victor wrote:Oh, and how do I get him to talk to instead the name all together, for example, they talk manoelvictor,well,all together, and my nickname is actually [PTR]Manoel Victor.

They may parse non-alphabet characters and spaces. You would have to look into the game source code to find out.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby [PTR]Manoel Victor » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:22 pm

You may have run into a bug as most servers have bot chat off because they tend to talk too much.

Well, for me everything is fine, if not have a way I do not care, can continue as is, but if you have any way to get this bug, you can tell me?
[PTR]Manoel Victor
Quick Draw

Return to Artificial Intelligence

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel