With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Got skills? Make music & sounds y'all!

Moderator: DeUgli

Thunk!

Postby DeUgli » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:27 am

I just bought a new headset (Creative Fatal1ty USB) and the sound is much better than my old set. However, I now hear what seems to be the sound of the thrown Bowie knife landing whenever I'm inside a building near the roof. Is this normal, a known SG bug, something produced by the driver upgrade to my Audigy 4 sound card (which I did at the same time as the headset software install), or random neuron firing in my brain? :?
Irgendeiner wartet immer.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Re: Thunk!

Postby Redwing » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:14 am

DeUgli wrote:I just bought a new headset (Creative Fatal1ty USB) and the sound is much better than my old set. However, I now hear what seems to be the sound of the thrown Bowie knife landing whenever I'm inside a building near the roof. Is this normal, a known SG bug, something produced by the driver upgrade to my Audigy 4 sound card (which I did at the same time as the headset software install), or random neuron firing in my brain? :?

I always hear that in that one map... can't remember which it was... Coyote? With the big crevasse and the mines.
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby ChainLightnin' » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:55 pm

Great audio gear. When standing in the house loft of Coyote, there is one cycling fireplace "snap" that must be a similar wave & freq. to the knife stick. Where else can we hear it?
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:25 am

ChainLightnin' wrote:Great audio gear. When standing in the house loft of Coyote, there is one cycling fireplace "snap" that must be a similar wave & freq. to the knife stick. Where else can we hear it?

I noticed it by the fireplace in Lake when I was testing the converted level last week. The fireplace.wav in sounds/ambient doesn't loop cleanly. I intend to clean that up for the next release. You could probably notice it near any fire in various levels.
Dunno if it's the same sound DeUgli is reporting though.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:55 am

I had a "D'oh!" moment when I realized what I was hearing-- there's a click at the beginning of the gun-swapping sound, change.wav. I don't know how it's being generated because it doesn't show up if I play the wav in Audacity, but now that I know what it is, I can ignore it. :lol:
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Audio

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel