With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Got skills? Make music & sounds y'all!

Moderator: DeUgli

Re: Howdy Folks

Postby Biondo » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Thanks, /dev/random,

I paused for 5 minutes before writing it, because I wasn't convinced by "spacial". Also made a quick Google Translate search, and hesitated before writing "spacial". Spacial, spacial, what does it mean? Please, be patient with old tired men. :)
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Did this die? Sounded pretty exciting.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Biondo » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:06 pm

Welcome back, ReD! Don't know exactly how far I can go writing here... but yes it looks like something that have died.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby Tequila » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:15 pm

Howdy ReD ! You miss us !

This was a possible gift and I just hope elijahlucian got another but paid job. Maybe he'll come back with the same wish soon or later.

I may respond quickier to support new media now as ioquake3 team did a lot since a year and Smokin'Guns is now better supported in our ioq3-synchro branch on GitHub.

Also I noticed now the engine is build by default with OPUS Codec support. This seems really promising like Ogg/Vorbis support.
:twisted:

Join Smokin'Guns Return room on Discord
Tequila
SG Team

Postby elijahlucian » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:57 pm

EVERYONE!

I am back!

lol..

first off I am so sorry for taking ages to get my crap together. for the past year I have said to my fiance "we gotta do the smokin guns voices" and she's like "alright lets do it" and we just never got around to it - UNTIL....

Second. I finally had a few people in the studio to do some voices! I am doing a new thing on my twitch feed that is free voice acting. http://www.twitch.tv/elijahlucian

Third! We have some AWESOME stuff recorded!

so.. I have to edit the audio, split the files, and I will upload it to a folder for us to take a look and listen to.

All in all I have 4 different characters, 1 kid (billy the kid) 1 adult hick (kind of dumb sounding lol), 1 sexy female voice, and one badass outlaw!

I am super excited. I can't wait to see what happens with them. I will be back in a couple days to see what's up..

here is a link to see what happened. It's near the end of the video so feel free to jump ahead! :)

http://www.twitch.tv/elijahlucian/b/607617292
elijahlucian
Newcomer

Postby TheDoctor » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:05 am

elijahlucian wrote:http://www.twitch.tv/elijahlucian/b/607617292

Hi elijahlucian, good to hear from you. I really would like to give some feedback regarding your recording session, but your Twitch recording is practically unplayable via my provider "O2" in Germany: I have to wait several minutes for it play a few seconds. Twitch is also used by German youtubers and I remember I've tuned into a few international live-streams before, but it seems your recording isn't mirrored in Europe and/or my provider completely fucks up the peering.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your samples once you publish them and offer my help to package them for the game.

Best regards,

TheDoctor
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Tequila » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Howdy elijahlucian,

welcome back amigo ! This tooks a very long time ;)

No problem, our community is not dead and I'll also look forward to your samples. I must admit we are also a little late in some targets, but maybe new fresh blood will trigger some of them 8D :lol:

Your involvement will give us the goal to prepare and support third party sounds. I really like this challenge !

I like your twitch feed thing, btw could voice over it in french ? Bad joke I know... But this is really amazing to see you and your team giving some of your time to project like us !

I wish you some success for this new year, and I hope we will be in the money bag !
;)

Thank you
:twisted:

Join Smokin'Guns Return room on Discord
Tequila
SG Team

Previous

Return to Audio

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel