With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:50 pm

Look halfway down this page.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Clink Eastward » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:02 pm

Count me in :)
Clink Eastward
Shootist

Practice

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:31 pm

Hmmm, I sure notice a lot of guys over at High Noon these days! Wonder if there are any knife throwers! :D
Chain
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:34 pm

(oops, stupid Centurytel.)
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:12 am

I've added the "Rules/Guidelines" as well as the start of round times. I just came up with some stuff that sounded good :) If you have any questions or suggestions let me know.

Also, there a 16 people signed up right now!
/yeehaa

EDIT(2):

also, I have mixed up the ladder. So if you wanted to challenge anyone let me know. But other wise I grouped people into timezones. I put the people in GMT+1 first and worked west. If there is any problems let me know.

Round 3 will be played right after Round2; Round2 will be played right after Round1, etc. I will have the times finished mid week. Im just waiting for the last of the sign-ups to come in.
Last edited by Pardner on Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:21 am

Cool deal. 8) Any chance you could put the europeans ahead of the americans? 8 am is a tad early for a Saturday morning, but it'd already be afternoon for those guys. And peeps on the west coast are 3 hours behind us too don't forget. (DeUgli)
You could also use the forum calendar if you like. But that's up to you.

EDIT: No fair editing your post while I am writing! :lol:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:29 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:You could also use the forum calendar if you like. But that's up to you.

Does the calendar automatically translate timezones? if it does i will definitely do that.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:57 am

Pardner wrote:
ReD NeCKersoN wrote:You could also use the forum calendar if you like. But that's up to you.

Does the calendar automatically translate timezones? if it does i will definitely do that.

Nope.. I was going to add that feature but got hit with real life 8O
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby hika » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:22 am

Pardner wrote:If you have any questions or suggestions let me know.

I do have one according to the following rule
Any persons signed up for the tournament may join the server as a spectator.

Maybe, we can set a unique password to servers running the tournament, and rcon password for referees ?
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:06 am

hika wrote:Maybe, we can set a unique password to servers running the tournament, and rcon password for referees ?

Makes perfect sense to me. :wink: Say, we never decided what the server situation is? Looks like Pardner has the contest spread out over the day pretty good for a single server. Might be best for this first tourney attempt? We've got several refs that can split the duties so far, though a couple more couldn't hurt. I'm cool with either of the stat keeping servers in Europe. Ping is an advantage, but I'm in this for fun. Of course, if future tourneys get bigger & competition grows we can always run servers in both hemispheres. Opinions?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Dadamungo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:59 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:... but I'm in this for fun.

Me too. oh! and after seeing the lineup, YOU'RE GOING DOWN RED! :D
j/k It should be good fun, thanks for setting it up guys.
Dadamungo
Shootist

Postby Pardner » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:43 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Makes perfect sense to me. :wink: Say, we never decided what the server situation is? Looks like Pardner has the contest spread out over the day pretty good for a single server. Might be best for this first tourney attempt? We've got several refs that can split the duties so far, though a couple more couldn't hurt. I'm cool with either of the stat keeping servers in Europe.

Yeah I know, Ive been meaning to catch up with hika to ask if Wastelands could be made available for this weekend? @hika: Ill try to catch you on IRC today.

Dadamungo wrote:Me too. oh! and after seeing the lineup, YOU'RE GOING DOWN RED! :D

I tried to sort the contestants by both time zone and by equal competition. I did that not because I thought some were better than others, I just thought that it would be more fun with equal competition. Unfortunately, I haven't played most of the European players so I just sorted them the best I could.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:08 am

I'm using this thread although I'm not signing up but only discussing the tournament :-) ...

I've tried to set up a GTV server for WQ3. GTV allows you to watch a game more or less like a TV broadcast. Either somebody has to be camera man or it follows somebody randomly.

It's like a relay. The real game has only the actual players and the GTV server connects as a spectator. All the real spectators connect to the GTV server - and there can be many more than typical Q3 slots. HLTV is something similar for CS in case you know that.

I thought this could have been useful. But the bad news: this system does not seem to work with duel maps :-( ... if you are lucky it follows one of the duelists but as soon as somebody wants to be camera man the show is over... It sort of works with BR maps, though. I haven't tried DM maps yet. It's made for vanilla quake3 to begin with anyways.

gtv's website seems to be down. You can see a historic page there: http://web.archive.org/web/200512151838 ... readme.php
and you can download the latest version e.g. there: http://files.dev1ance.net/quake3/mods/gtv/

If you want to try,
80.190.243.49:27960 is a real game server (not announcing itself to any master server)
80.190.243.49:27961 is a gtv server
If you connect to the latter, you will be dumped in wq_dry as a waiting room. Then you can use the console commands /gtv_gamelist and /gtv_watch 2 to watch the game on the former server. I'll leave these servers for a day or two. But in the end this is a non-post to begin with ;-)
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:17 am

Dadamungo wrote:and after seeing the lineup, YOU'RE GOING DOWN RED! :D

8O Like a rocket to the moon baby! :lol: Btw, the rules state I can challenge someone. If it wouldn't be pointless, I'd challenge you fer that remark!!!

Thanks for checking into GTV, sig. That's a shame it doesn't work so well for us. Could've come in handy someday. Maybe there's hope for DM, TDM or RTP. :)

Just thought of something. Wouldn't challenges disrupt the scheduling of matches past the first round?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:58 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Just thought of something. Wouldn't challenges disrupt the scheduling of matches past the first round?

well if someone wanted to challenge someone, it would have been for the first round only.
Pardner
SG Team

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel