With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

What is your favorite bank robbery map? (Durango is a given.)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:01 pm

Backwater
No votes
Cobber
22%
Coyote Bluff
No votes
El Paso
11%
Lake
6%
Mexico
14%
No Name City
No votes
Santa Cruz
11%
Train
31%
Farm
6%

Total votes : 36

BR Tourney Discussion, Sign-ups, and Information

Postby Pardner » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:01 pm

***READ FIRST: please check the results before voting. If you see that your favorite map is way in the lead please vote for your second favorite.***

I am starting to think of how to run a BR Tourney. I would like to get a feel for what maps are the most favorite for bank robbery. I know Durango is going to be the first pick, but I'm really concerned with how the other maps rate, therefore I have not included Durango in the poll list. I am thinking that the tourney should be run on multiple maps.... so I need to find out what are the other favorite maps. There is still the problem of if one teams likes one map and the other team likes another. I think I will try to split the tourney between two servers (US and European), and then have a series even for the final(s). Some of the maps listed are only available in the SA, but are available to the testers. Feel free to post any comments about the maps/tourney in this thread.

NOTE: SEND ME A PM TO SIGN YOUR TEAM UP FOR THE TOURNEY

Also available: br_farm..... was too many options to post. L3th4l Edit: Farm has been added to the poll. Poll options raised to 15

@Breli: is there going to be a br_dawnfort and br_newtown for the SA?
Last edited by Pardner on Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Breli » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:36 pm

Hiho ...

Go Pardner go! Cool stuff as always 8)

Yes, there will be a br_dawnfort and br_newtown. At least I have included and finished these now (check out the versions on the FTP). However, I don't know whether they'll work well in BR mode. This needs some testing and we may decide to throw the BR modes out again if the layout of the maps doesn't allow decent gameplay ...

Cheers

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:53 am

Great news! The tourney will most likely be after the SA release, therefore you have plenty of time to work out the bugs, same goes for Hang'em High, Lake, etc.

EDIT: sorry L3th4l: could you add Dawn Fort, and New Town when you get a chance. Dont know if they will be voted for, but might as well give them a chance.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:19 am

It's pointless to vote for a br version of a map that doesn't exist yet, isn't it? I mean, how can you say it's your favorite? Steamboat MIGHT end up with a br version but we'll have to wait & see. I can also tell you that br versions for Train, Lake & Hang'em High have all been reworked or tweaked significantly. Untill we see these new versions on the test server, which will only happen once a new SA test is ready, there isn't much reason to vote for them. I'd say vote for the relatively unchanged maps at this time, or wait untill the others are available for a new vote. But like Pardner said, a new tourney probably won't happen untill the SA is released, so this is all in the interest of facts gathering anyway. :wink:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that br for NoNameCity has also been altered.
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:31 am

Pardner wrote:EDIT: sorry L3th4l: could you add Dawn Fort, and New Town when you get a chance. Dont know if they will be voted for, but might as well give them a chance.

Hmm, right I forgot about that but Red has a point here. Nobody knows about DF and NT although they are more than one year old now. They never saw the light of the day so far ... anyway. Some testers know them ...

Cheers

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:01 am

Yeah, this poll is a little premature..
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:11 am

Not if a tourney were held sooner, rather than later. We would just need to keep version 2.2 maps available for the vote. Plus, a tourney now would probably be much more manageable & lift morale across the board for the current fanbase... who will help spread the word of the coming SA. And if Pardner is to be an integral contributor to such a contest, I'm told he'll likely be back on dialup in May. Might we feasibly do something like this towards the middle or end of April? We could always have another tournament at a later time? :?:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:32 pm

I could do something around the middle/end of April. Its been well over a year since the duel tourney. The purpose of this thread really was to generate discussion about the tourney. I discussed this a little yesterday with Red, heres what I'm thinking so far:
  • Bank robbery matches will be played with a max of 4 persons per team. However, the maximum team size is not limited. This allows for floaters. These floaters server the purpose of filling in should something happen to one of the playing teammates. A maximum of 5 persons from a team will be allowed on the server at a time (4 playing, 1 floater).
  • I would like to sort the team ladders according to location, skill, and map preference. This way we get the hardcore Durango fans playing other hardcore Durango fans and no one complains about lag.
  • If we get enough players I want to split the ladder onto two servers: USA and European. European matches played on the European server, and American matches played on the US server. If both sides are balanced then we could have a final European VS US series to end it!
  • Pick-up teams for the people who cannot organize a full 4 person team. Not quite sure how to sort them out. I suppose I could pick team captions and let them pick their players.
  • There is no way of stopping 3 party communication(TS,Vent,etc), but dead men in game will not be allowed to SPEC chat.
  • We'll have to update the Tourney page. It would be cool to get some spiffy tourney ladder site going. I will look into that today.

EDIT: any objections to the weekend of April 26/27th?
Pardner
SG Team

Postby hika » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:54 pm

No complains from my part, about the 26, 27th of April.
As always, great initiative from you, Pardner ;)

The poll seems appropriate for a b2.2 BR tourney, so before the SA release.
We could always have another tourney with new BR maps, later ;)
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:18 am

I'm more than a little disappointed that this thread is so quiet. :(
I'll make a news post this weekend & try to direct some traffic here.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:28 am

Well, if we're going with teams, count me in. I wanna lead some foo's to their imminent destruction at the hands of my poor strategic skills! :D
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Chainsaw » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:37 am

FWIW, I suck at BR, but I really like playing it. So count me in as long as I can make the tourney day. Like sports growing up, I'll be one of the last ones chosen, but I'll make up for lack of skill with wild shooting that injures my team mates. : )

Seriously, I look forward to it. I'm in process of moving, and am going to lose internet for a few days to a week, but when I'm back online, I'll try to contribute.

And thanks Pardner for initiating and coordinating this. It sounds like a blast. I didn't vote for a map because I haven't even played a lot of the maps. For instance, I don't think I've ever seen Farm, Mexico, or Haunted being played online.

Anyway, that's my whole $.02 for the day.
Chainsaw
Quick Draw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:16 am

My advice would be to watch the poll & prepare for the top voted maps only. (+ Durango) Find the bank(s) & the escape point for each. Your deathmatch skills will kick in from there. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Black Jack Ketchum » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:35 pm

Cool!!! Great idea im really up fore it ,if it happen. i don't think that i can assemble a whole team though.
The REAL Blackjack Ketchum
\/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Jack_Ketchum

[R.I.P =Cowboys From Hell= Clan]
Black Jack Ketchum
Quick Draw

Postby Chainsaw » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:50 pm

I think that if Chain Lightning is up for it we should form the Chain Gang! If not, I'll probably opt as a henchman in someone else's gang.

I'm gettin' excited.
Chainsaw
Quick Draw

Next

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel