With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

What is your favorite bank robbery map? (Durango is a given.)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:01 pm

Backwater
No votes
Cobber
22%
Coyote Bluff
No votes
El Paso
11%
Lake
6%
Mexico
14%
No Name City
No votes
Santa Cruz
11%
Train
31%
Farm
6%

Total votes : 36

Postby Pardner » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:47 pm

Black Jack Ketchum wrote:Cool!!! Great idea im really up fore it ,if it happen. i don't think that i can assemble a whole team though.

Don't worry about it Jack. I plan on having "pick-up" teams. Basically, I will put all the players with out full teams into a pool, then pick teams from there. Not quite sure how I'm going to pick the teams; most likely by location as well as favorite map. That way all the team members are playing in the close to the same time zone, and on their favorite map. Its very hard trying to play competitively on a map you do not like. I want the pick-up teams to be fair and equal
Pardner
SG Team

Postby stuffStohl » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:42 pm

Howdy-Ho! I m looking forward to this tournament as well as to the SA. Greetz,

--stuff--
stuffStohl
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:45 pm

Welcome to the forum stuffStohl! :D
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby stuffStohl » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:02 pm

HarrrHarrr!

Yeah, I am rather a shooter than a writer. I let my gun speak :-)
stuffStohl
Pistolero

Postby Dadamungo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:37 am

I'll join in too. So will The Horsemen. Only bad thing is I might be out of town if it's in April, and have no idea what my internet situation will be like. The Horsemen will be able to play either way though.
Dadamungo
Shootist

Postby NightcrawleR » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Sounds like it's gonna be a blast, Pardner!
I may just spectate, because i'm absolutely dreadful at BR. Heh.
NightcrawleR
Pistolero

Postby Pardner » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:59 pm

We would love to have you join in NightCrawler, its all for fun anyway. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to iron out the details and sign-ups haven't open. Guess I had better catch up with Lethal and Red this afternoon.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby haraldx » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:59 pm

ummm.... im a realy bad player. especialy at BR. i havnt playeed for a realy long time. maybe i can join the fun but i will have to look at things i have to do.
In Game Name: Harald
Favourite Weapon: Colt Peacmaker
My Favourite Char: TheMexican

Im Amigo With Sombrero On Head And Peacmaker In Hand !
haraldx
Gunslinger

Postby Hellrider » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:39 am

Sounds great pardner!!!

Finally there'll be some new action ;)

Count me in ,too 8)
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby ChainLightnin' » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:03 pm

Hahaha, don't know how I missed your "Chain Gang" post Chainsaw, but great idea! :lol: I'm not sure if I'm home that weekend or not, until that weekend. I may have to join as a rogue myself, if I'm home.
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby DeUgli » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:16 am

I'm sure interested in playing. I enjoyed the dual tourney, even though The Horsemen humiliated me.
Irgendeiner wartet immer.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:33 pm

My greatest apologies: I have had very little time to think about running a tourney. BUT.....
Sign-ups Are Now Open

• To join: Send me a PM containing
    • The names of the members. Each match will have (at the most) four players per team. Each team may have up to five members: 4 to play the matches, and 1 as a back-up.
    • The time zone of most the team members. I will be organizing the matches so that European teams play European teams on a European server, and American teams..... etc. This way, players will have the best ping possible. (Providing that we have enough players to do so)
    • The name of your favorite map. I want the games to be fair, and I know everybody has their favorite BR map. So, I will also try to organize matches by favorite maps.
  • If you do not have a full team, feel free to send me your name and the names of the people that you want to be teamed. I will put you on a "pick-up" team or try to fill your empty spots. I have no idea how I'm going to organize the pick-up teams, but I will try to keep them fair.
  • Keep an eye on the Tourney Page for rules and match information. I will be putting up rules, match information, and results on the Tourney page as well as keep this thread up to date.
  • This BR is for fun only. While the SG team has given me support in running this tourney, it is not a SG sponsored competition. There will be not prizes or bounty, just heaps and heaps of bragging rights. So have fun!

So is April 26th still a good date. I am willing to change the date because of my tardiness on opening the sign-ups.
Last edited by Pardner on Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:55 am

Pardner wrote:So is April 19th still a good date. I am willing to change the date because of my tardiness on opening the sign-ups.

The following weekend, 26-27, would be better for me.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:14 am

Oh geese!!!! I didnt write the correct date!!! 19th is this weekend! So definitely the 26-27th
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Joe Kari » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:20 am

Hi all !

Me and Coup' George are ok, but we haven't any IRL friend that plays Smokin' Guns...
So I post here, maybe other french/european would join us...
Or if one team needs two guys...
(favorite map : cobber, could play from 14h-GMT to midnight-GMT, favorite server : Wasteland).

What are the rules of this tourney ?
Only one match ?

A good and fair system could be an home/visitor system : 2 BR match, the first one on the server and map of the choice of team A, and the second one on the server and map of the choice of team B. Finally, just add score of the two match to have the final score...
(or maybe a more complex system : first match on server of team A's choice and map of team B's choice, second match on server of team B's choice and map of team A's choice).

So american and european could play against each other...
Joe Kari
SG Team

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel