With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

What is your favorite bank robbery map? (Durango is a given.)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:01 pm

Backwater
No votes
Cobber
22%
Coyote Bluff
No votes
El Paso
11%
Lake
6%
Mexico
14%
No Name City
No votes
Santa Cruz
11%
Train
31%
Farm
6%

Total votes : 36

Postby Joe Kari » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:35 am

Just something I don't understand...
It is said that it is play in one round... So which map is used ?
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:51 am

Honestly Joe... I have no idea.
I want each team to have a team captain who will do the decision making. At the beginning of the match, the team captains will say what map they wish to play on. if the maps disagree, I will refer to the POLL to com up with an alternate map.

I hope we all get along and have no squabbles this time. Would be pretty silly you have a bad tourney over which map to play on.
Pardner
SG Team

Time

Postby stuffStohl » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:50 pm

aehhh... well.... 12:00 pm eastern time is 18:00 Central European Summer Time for France, Germany, etc...? Is that right?
stuffStohl
Pistolero

Postby hika » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:12 pm

Yep, stuffStohl, that's right.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:33 pm

the tourney has a small turn-out, therefore it will only be running about 3 hours. It is going to be very, very relaxed :D
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:50 pm

Thank you to everyone who participated in the tourney. Please feel free to post any comments on how the tourney went and what we should do better next time.

The winners of this tourney are:
Joe Kari
Coup George
stuffStohl
midge

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Joe Kari » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:01 pm

Yeah !

Many thanks to all the Smokin' Guns staff for this great tourney, and especially to Pardner who have spent lot of his free time for our enjoyment !
Thanks a lot Amigo !

Red Neckerson ask me for a name for our team but we haven't think about this... Let's say "Western-Europa", 'cause three of us are french and Stuffstohl is german, and 'cause in this name, there is "Western" ;)

Good night !
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:18 pm

The tourney was a lot of fun. I hope we get more teams next time...at leat 2 more.

And next time I think we should protect the server with a password, so that only the people who signed up are able to connect.

Is EvilFutsin going to make some kind of a video out of the demos ??
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:35 pm

Congratulations to the winners! Great games everyone! We learned a few things from this small tourney so that hopefully we can design the next one to be better for everyone. And yes, I think Futsin plans to make a video from the tournament footage. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

hells bells!

Postby stuffStohl » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:40 pm

@joe: how about "winner team that rulz all" :-) i m austrian living in munich but no german by far, hell no!

never mind. Thx for the tourney and all that stuff.

Server blackouts are annoying, but shit happens, as in our match against the ger.brothers.
Obviously they would not have had any chance against the "winner team that rulz all" either:-)

Great thx to my team, joe, george and midge and all SG-brothers out there. Let the bullets dance.
Last edited by stuffStohl on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stuffStohl
Pistolero

Postby Midge » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:41 pm

great times !! I want to thank everyone, especially Pardner for organizing this tourney, and my own pardners: Joe, Coup' & Stuff
Midge
Newcomer

Postby hika » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:54 pm

Thank you for the fun we just had. As always, Pardner has done a great job, cleaning rooms from non signed up players.
Next time, as Hellrider said, I think it is a good idea to set a password on the server.
And you know what ? I will probably bring a new server replacing the current one, in case all of you did not know yet :D
However, still, there will be bad pings for american amigos.
Perhaps, the next tourney will be on RAWHIDE ? ;)
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:20 am

I had a great time, too. Thanks to everyone who played, and to Pardner and Hika, especially. :D
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby EvilFutsin » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:41 am

Unfortunately some of the demos are a little borked for me, may have to do with a version of Durango on my box, so I'm gonna have to see how much of the footage we got today is usable. The lag and g_synchronousclients made things horribly difficult to record properly so there was many times I missed amazing camera angles. :cry:

Plus I'm WAY out of practice with actually having to do the work as I'm recording.

And finally, for some reason, the demos won't let me cg_fov to fix some of the perspective issues. :|

Anyways, hopefully I can get something, however small, together. :D
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:08 am

Things I need to change for next time:
  • Password the server. I think I did for the DU tourney. I just didnt have much preparation for this tourney.
  • A better way of dealing with bugs. We had a spawn bug plague us a couple of times. There was much confusion when this happened.
  • Pre determined maps. Each maps should be determined before the tourney even starts.
  • Better way of dealing with no-shows and late starts. Lucky this time it was a small tourney, but it did end an hour later than it was supposed to. I want everyone to have fun and I was very lenient, but if this was a bigger tourney we would have run into time trouble.
I had a great time running the tourney. Thank-you to all the contestants. I hope next time we will have more teams, but we had more individual players than we did during the dual tourney. So thats good :D Maybe we will have a really big one when the SA is released... and maybe it will be on RAWHIDE :D

EDIT: Futsin, i have not looked at any of the demos... either mine nor Red's. I would like to get a demos pak together and release it on the tourney page.
Pardner
SG Team

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel